Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: BMW OEM TYRES  (Read 5654 times)

Offline jackandthebear

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000xr Sport SE
  • Town: swindon
Re: BMW OEM TYRES
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2019, 08:09:13 PM »
*Originally Posted by Bree [+]

I got an excellent price deal on my 01s, but no free battery charger.   :019: :019:

Where was that I am getting £285 quotes where the S22 were 240

Offline Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2019, 09:05:49 PM »
Oponeo were quoting  £220 delivered. 
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Worcester, UK
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2019, 12:10:12 PM »
*Originally Posted by Bree [+]
Oponeo were quoting  £220 delivered.

Thats very cheap but not fitted & balanced??  :305:
PSH

Offline Bree

• XR God
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2019, 01:31:10 PM »
No not fitted and balanced, but my local shop charges £20.00 if you bring the wheels in loose. So it works for me.

Offline smithy

• XR God
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2019, 11:28:03 PM »
Here in Aus the motorcycle tyre fitting/balancing charges are near on extortionate ....so I bought myself a proper tyre fitting machine which can also do cars and light commercial stuff....I get my new tyres delivered to my work and just take them home a do them at my leisure, also have a static balancing tool which works extremely well.... :028:
Lets me help out my local riding mates with their tyres too, costs them a nice cup of tea next time we're out riding together.

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline Markymark11

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2018 MotorSport
  • Town: Basingstoke
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2019, 07:36:57 AM »
Bree - I wasn't aware of Oponeo and as you say they are quoting £220 a pair for Roadtec 01's, and £225 for Mich Road 5's so many thanks for the heads up  :152:. I haven't used them obviously, but are they OK as far as any issues - ie: a duff tyre or have to return one... have you any experience with that.? I also found the same tyres at differing prices within the same search as well so I guess I need to ring them to clarify which exact tyre they refer to but they are much cheaper than anything I can buy locally :)

Offline Bree

• XR God
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2019, 08:35:51 AM »
Hi Mark
Yes I have used Oponeo before without any problems. I think the price difference is between a standard tyre and the ( hwm ) Higher weight bikes. I use the standard myself. Hope that helps.
You can check this but I think the HWM tyre is recommended if you are two up with lots of luggage, but I am sure somebody will correct me if that is incorrect......
I only ride one up and so use the standard fitment ( Never been a problem )
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 09:40:24 AM by Bree »

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2019, 09:58:47 AM »
*Originally Posted by Markymark11 [+]
Bree - I wasn't aware of Oponeo and as you say they are quoting £220 a pair for Roadtec 01's, and £225 for Mich Road 5's so many thanks for the heads up  :152:. I haven't used them obviously, but are they OK as far as any issues - ie: a duff tyre or have to return one... have you any experience with that.? I also found the same tyres at differing prices within the same search as well so I guess I need to ring them to clarify which exact tyre they refer to but they are much cheaper than anything I can buy locally :)

If you haven’t heard of Oponeo then you’ll not of heard of Tyreleader who started the serious online selling who have fallen out of favour because of the £ going down the pan.

The trade love the sellers on the net because all they have to do is fit them and ironically there’s more to be made that way rather than selling,just make sure you get a firm price for fitting which frankly is all over the place and if by some chance you do have a dud tyre(i’ve Only ever had one)then the buck really will stop at you.

The other company to keep an eye on is M&P periodically they do some crazy deals and I’m not saying that as a punter but a trader.

Offline Bree

• XR God
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2019, 12:52:55 PM »
I would not expect a dud tyre, as every tyre I have had through Oponeo has come direct from Metzeler warehouse in Germany.

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2019, 03:38:14 PM »
They all come from the same place In the end but that’s not the point,if your unlucky to have a dud then anything is possible i’ve Been in a faceless warehouse in Wolverhampton full of them mostly car but some bike your stack e’m high and sell cheap will not fight your corner like a normal retailer it’s not much of a gamble because duds are rare but i’ve Certainly seen them and there’s no consistency about how each complaint is treated and if the people who fitted the tyre are different from the supplier opens allsort of escape avenues from responsibility.

dysfunctional