Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: How Much Fluid is Needed for a Brake Flushing?  (Read 164 times)

Online otrp

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
How Much Fluid is Needed for a Brake Flushing?
« on: March 14, 2019, 07:24:44 PM »
I am about to do a complete brake flush of the system. I was wondering how much fluid I should buy to do the job? I do not want to get caught without enough in the middle of the job and I do not want too much left over, since I do not save it. I checked the Haynes Manual. It shows the procedure, but does not say how much fluid is needed to fill the system once emptied.

Some leftover is OK, since I am doing the wife's bike also. That is a smaller job, so a little leftover will do nicely.   :002:

Offline smithy

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Sydney.
Re: How Much Fluid is Needed for a Brake Flushing?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 04:09:09 AM »
*Originally Posted by otrp [+]
I am about to do a complete brake flush of the system. I was wondering how much fluid I should buy to do the job? I do not want to get caught without enough in the middle of the job and I do not want too much left over, since I do not save it. I checked the Haynes Manual. It shows the procedure, but does not say how much fluid is needed to fill the system once emptied.

Some leftover is OK, since I am doing the wife's bike also. That is a smaller job, so a little leftover will do nicely.   :002:

I did mine not long back and a 500ml bottle did the trick....with a little left over for top-ups.

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Online otrp

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
Re: How Much Fluid is Needed for a Brake Flushing?
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 10:15:12 AM »
Thanks Smithy, just what I needed to know.   :002:

dysfunctional