Author Topic: Powerbronze flip Screen  (Read 2362 times)

Offline Spiceboy

• XR Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: XR TE M'Sport
  • Town: Bury St Edmunds
Powerbronze flip Screen
on: March 24, 2019, 08:33:58 PM
I've recently bought a Shark Evo One 2 full flip helmet just for when I tour abroad or when the weather is REALLY hot here in the UK, perfect in that you can fully flip the chin bar right over for a cooler ride.

However, this helmet is not as quiet as my Shoei and it also whistles a little bit over 70/80mph.

So I bought the Powerbronze flip screen and issues resolved, it's 100mm taller and 20mm wider. I'm 6ft tall and super happy as it's not that much bigger that the standard screen and the flip deflection is very subtle but works perfectly especially for touring.

Here's the link: https://www.powerbronze.co.uk/bmw-s1000xr-15-19-440-mm-20-mm-wider-420-b125.html

Plus there's a 10% discount via this forum site.

Hope this info helps if anyone is looking for slightly bigger screen that works.
Cheers,
Charlie Spiceboy.

Offline Markymark11

• XR Master
  • Town: Basingstoke
Re: Powerbronze flip Screen
Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 04:00:41 PM
I bought one £93.20 total paid and they sent a warped one so I returned it for a refund and they refunded £88.20 - so it cost me £5 and hassle all because they built a warped screen - last time I use them for anything.

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 08:38:00 PM
Always found them very good to deal with I might have asked for a refund if the second one they sent was a dud as well but certainly not after the first.

Offline merlin

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Ilminster
Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 10:11:54 AM
They should have refunded the whole amount for a dud item, including the postage.

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 06:10:27 PM
5 quid to try a screen sounds like a bargain to me  :001:

Offline Markymark11

• XR Master
Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 07:06:18 PM
It's the principal - I phoned them to say it was warped and they said I had to send it back at my expense ie: another £4.99. On the phone they totally sounded like they didn't believe me and were very reluctant about the whole thing (part of the reason I didn't request a replacement which would have taken a further week or so) -  if they found a fault they would then refund the full amount plus my postage as they didn't have anymore of them ready, and would need to make another one- so in reality I am out nearly £10. I don't care about the money - I do care about crap customer service and I unfortunately am stuck with old principals. Why should it cost me anything to return a duff item ? I accept if I order the wrong size or change my mind then there can be a fee but not when the item supplied is faulty. Just me I suppose getting old and grumpy. :002:

Offline Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
Reply #6 on: April 17, 2019, 07:56:44 PM
Absolutely correct. They should have refunded your money plus postage. The simple answer to crap customer feedback is to let others know as you have done. And stop using them its outrageous to send out faulty goods and then expect the customer to send them back at their expense. Its not even a matter of principle. you are covered by the consumer rights act, simply if a product is not as described then you are entitled to a full refund.....Thanks for the info.   
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Online SimonUK

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR,S1000R
  • Town: Upstate, SC
Reply #7 on: April 17, 2019, 10:44:26 PM
I've purchased items form Powerbronze and not had any issues, but what you describe is just plain unacceptable!!

Offline Markymark11

• XR Master
Reply #8 on: April 18, 2019, 07:19:35 AM
I've also purchased before with no issues but this is the first time I've had to return anything. I really don't want this to turn into an attack on Powerbronze they have good products and maybe I caught them on a bad day or a new member of staff or whatever. The reason I posted was pure frustration and I personally will avoid them on principal, doesn't mean anyone else should ever have the same issue.

Offline Mark91

• XR Junior
  • Bike: 2016 BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Basel
Reply #9 on: December 05, 2021, 09:09:34 AM
*Originally Posted by Spiceboy [+]
I've recently bought a Shark Evo One 2 full flip helmet just for when I tour abroad or when the weather is REALLY hot here in the UK, perfect in that you can fully flip the chin bar right over for a cooler ride.

However, this helmet is not as quiet as my Shoei and it also whistles a little bit over 70/80mph.

So I bought the Powerbronze flip screen and issues resolved, it's 100mm taller and 20mm wider. I'm 6ft tall and super happy as it's not that much bigger that the standard screen and the flip deflection is very subtle but works perfectly especially for touring.

Here's the link: https://www.powerbronze.co.uk/bmw-s1000xr-15-19-440-mm-20-mm-wider-420-b125.html

Plus there's a 10% discount via this forum site.

Hope this info helps if anyone is looking for slightly bigger screen that works.

Hello,

Could you attach some picture about the screen, or send in PM? :) I am considering the buy the same, but I am 196 cm tall.

Thanks, Mark  :062: :062: