Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Servicing Schedule  (Read 4018 times)

Offline Rusty

• XR Junior
  • Town: Witham
Servicing Schedule
« on: March 08, 2015, 07:23:13 PM »
Do you think we can assume that the servicing will be identical to the S1R ?

Basically I mean the servicing schedule and what actually needs doing.

Offline Bedrock

• XR Junior
  • Bike: Fireblade
  • Town: Matlock
Re: Servicing Schedule
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 12:16:46 AM »
I would have thought so, can't think of anything that would warrant a different schedule. Will be interesting to see I guess. if it's different then either the XR camp or the S1R camp will be asking questions  :169:

Offline Redrick

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S 1000 XR SE
  • Town: The death Star
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 06:28:59 PM »
I made some tentative enquiries about the 6K service and was told it has to include brake and clutch fluid change and then 2 yearly after that !but service would be about £170
You tell me how fast I was going Officer !

Offline gr8ridn

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
  • Town: Wofford Heights
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 03:09:54 AM »
I believe this is partially correct. The XR uses a cable operated clutch so no fluid involved in the actuation mechanism other than applying grease to each end of the cable. BMW cables are teflon lined so you should not lube the cable length between the end fixtures.

The brake fluid flush/bleed is scheduled on the first year of service and then every 2 years after. This is time dependent service regardless of mileage. The 6000 mile service mentions the requirement but remind you the first year it is due. This is according to my well regarded service manager.

I asked the same question about the first 6000 mile service because every BMW prior has required the first year and then varied on the time after based on year and model. I do all my own service so I wanted to have this detail right.
2014 BMW R1200 GSAW
2016 BMW S1000XR