Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Test ride.  (Read 140 times)

Offline S1KXR-rider

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S1KXR-Red!
  • Town: Derbyshire
Test ride.
« on: April 15, 2019, 04:24:59 PM »
After selling my XR 2 years ago I thought I'd finished with two wheels. But time moves on and (once again) the desire to ride again has surfaced once more.
Test rode the XR1000 & GS1250 this morning. The XR was a joy to ride, just as I remember it. comfortable, powerful with a very smooth, slick gearbox. I'm no Tom Sykes but that bike handles (at my level of riding) like it's on rails. Didn't want to take it back or get off it. Jumped on the GS1250. Even more comfy than the XR but (as you'd expect) a completely different experience. The quick shifter needed more revs than the xr before it became smooth, the front brakes didn't seem as sharp and I didn't feel as confident when leaning it over. To be fair to the GS, this was the very first time I've ridden a boxer twin, all my other bikes over the years have been in line 4's. I was beginning to gel with it at the end of the test ride. I can see the attraction of the GS now I've ridden one and understand just why they are so popular!! The digital dash on the GS  was something I was looking forward to seeing in action, but as nice as it was I prefer the digital/analogue set up of the XR. I was offered the demo bike but would have to wait 8 weeks before it would come up for sale although they did offer to put it away for me so no one else would ride it. The savings against a brand spanker was only £841 and they have one coming into stock next week. Big thank you to Pidcock BMW & Tom the salesman. Very helpful dealership with zero sales pressure. Now to sleep on the decision to buy the XR or not. First world problems eh !!

Ian C.

Offline Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
Re: Test ride.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 05:06:05 PM »
I think there's  100 % more chance of you getting the XR. Than their is of getting Brexit..... :002:
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.