Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Used XR  (Read 203 times)

Offline LLLEveryday

• XR Junior
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
  • Town: NE Ohio
Used XR
« on: April 15, 2019, 11:35:50 PM »
Hello all,

A question for the group; would you buy a decked out (full akrapovic system) no tuner installed, low mile XR with 2500 miles, with a a rear tire that looks like it was scrubbed pretty good, and still has 6 months of factory warranty Or pass thinking it was abused ?

LLLE

Thanks in advance,

Offline OC Mike

• XR Member
  • 'Sons Of Arthritis' Ibuprofen Chapter
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Orange County
Re: Used XR
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 04:19:45 AM »
Yes, if that was the only abuse. 160 HP will do that.
Any signs of it being laid down? If not and everything else checked, the price was right, I'd hit it,,
If you smile when the light goes on in the garage, you made the right choice.
The first motorcycle race happened right after the second one was made.

Online Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 08:48:10 AM »
*Originally Posted by LLLEveryday [+]
Hello all,

A question for the group; would you buy a decked out (full akrapovic system) no tuner installed, low mile XR with 2500 miles, with a a rear tire that looks like it was scrubbed pretty good, and still has 6 months of factory warranty Or pass thinking it was abused ?

LLLE

Thanks in advance,
[/quote

At 2500 miles the tyre would be near its end of life anyway. A bit of spirited riding is what the XR is built for..... :001:
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 11:13:11 AM »
*Originally Posted by LLLEveryday [+]
Hello all,

LLLE

Thanks in advance,

It’s a yes from me as well not only a saving with buying/fitting the Akra system but with either a PC or RapidBike to can get the fuelling right to take the bike to another level.

The only problem I see with you not having ridden the bike in stock trim you will not really get to appreciate the difference that the headers and can with a good fuel map can make they transformed my X/R from a good bike to something special.