Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: ECU Re-map and warranty  (Read 1046 times)

Offline NHVM

• XR Member
Re: ECU Re-map and warranty
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2019, 12:46:55 PM »
Just a thought - do BMW do a 'tune-up' for the machine at all? - by that I mean if you take it to a Main agent.

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2019, 01:05:13 PM »
They do not and if they did they would end up in court with VW.

As for HT just think expensive Booster Plug hence why you never see a decent AF.

I went to HT in person having already got two bikes with PC’s expecting him to do a sales job instead I got ‘If you like PC’s i’d Stick with them’ in actual fact I went Rexxer on my K1200R Sport.

With the X/R went Akra Headers MIVV can and a PC few more HP on the top end loads more mid range with sublime bottom end fuelling it’ll take top gear two up fully loaded under 25mph and an A/F map to prove it.

Offline NHVM

• XR Member
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2019, 05:45:15 PM »
For you knowledgeable guys out there that are well familiar with these machines I'll tell you what I am experiencing - then you tell me what you think?

Firstly its a Std new machine with the 2019 factory modifications/rectifications to the various areas of the bike that were high-lighted on previous models in need of modification that are now supposedly fixed by the factory, which I am informed have been applied to vibration - engine efficency - handling, little tweeks.

I get no vibration anywhere and its silky smooth - stops and goes like I presume it should along with impeccable handling.

The 'only' thing I am noticing is that at speeds upto and around 40mph in any gear the bike is a little bit lumpy - what I want to know is - is this condition typical to the XR? and if it is what can be done just to rectify that particular area?

I am not looking for anymore power etc, its just about the smoothness.

Online Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2019, 09:14:39 PM »
I have always found my 2015 XR super smooth throughout the rev range. But I think we all tend to have a different feel on how our bike performs. But I can only compare my XR it with the many other bikes that I have owned over the years. For me it has been and still is the best all round bike straight from the crate that I have ever owned. But I know others who have fitted various extras to smooth out the bike to their liking. Rapid Bike evo is one that seems to get a lot of support its a plug & play system, but others will give you a run down on what can be achieved............ :305:
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2019, 12:50:14 PM »
I currently have 6 bikes all of them have the same TUV emissions issue some worse than others there are various solutions with varying degrees of success.

With my 660 super moto  i’ve Tried both a dongle and then gone to a Power Commander the gap from stock to dongle is as big again to a PC just down to how much time effort and money you want to put into sorting it.

The K1200 has a Rexxer map direct into the ECU I waited months hoping they would do the same for the X/R it never happened.

The 1100s has a PC3 which has been on 14 years and runs perfect to this day.

Despite trying various with my old 955 Tiger never really managed to get a handle on the fuelling just put up with it.

With the X/R their is any number of solutions if you trawl the net you will find plenty of posts about the Booster Plug option,I had a really hard look at the Rapidbike but felt I was being a company guinea pig and if you do you home work on lamba sensors they are an emissions thing you will never see such on a race bike but!!! The world is a varied place and there is an argument for such.

After much faffing about I went secondhand Akra headers MIVV can and a secondhand PC5 the lamba’s are disconnected in the PC so their is zero hunting on the throttle and despite the PC already having a custom map in it for the X/R still need several dyno runs to get it right an exact science it ain’t.

While going over on the ferry last Thursday had a conversation with a couple on an X/R(we were on the K) and explained if he thought his X/R was good there is another bike to had out of it if your prepared to the time and trouble.

When the honeymoon period is over with this KTM i’ve Just bought and I can get my head around what is going on I’ll no doubt go the same route as the X/R with a cat delete and PC5 and custom air box.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 12:55:09 PM by Winger »

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2019, 01:00:27 PM »
What forgot!! Despite my comments on here about the bloke at HT and what he does or doesn’t do at 150 quid and forget all the bullshct  he tries to drowned you in could make a decent case for what he does but you will never get what can be had with either a PC or RB.