Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: KTMs  (Read 1387 times)

Offline sipaldi

• XR Member
  • Bike: SPORT SE HP
Re: KTMs
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2019, 10:08:48 AM »
 Is there any discount to be had on the 2019 KTM GT.s £16700 price tag?   

Offline merlin

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Ilminster
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2019, 10:53:06 AM »
I'd think you'll be unlikely to get a discount on a 2019 bike this early in the year. The Super Adventure S I looked at are unregistered 2018 bikes (I think the 2019 version has slightly different paint and a few minor other bits). I believe there are some 2018 Super Duke GTs available with the same discount.

Anyway I've decided to get a SAS so there will be some nice XR bits for sale very shortly....

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2019, 01:09:04 PM »
My mate paid £12500 for his  18 Adventurer and they took a P/X as well,KTM discount all the bikes if you wait long enough couple of weeks ago I saw a 19 GT at £15500.

Having just staggered in the door from Le-Mans I must sort this GT out that I bought 3 weeks ago  :012:

Offline merlin

• XR Pro
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2019, 01:13:35 PM »
That's what I'll be paying (plus a bit extra for QS and some other software controlled stuff)...

Just LOVE the TFT dash.

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2019, 01:18:23 PM »
He paid the same for the extras he’s just had his on the dyno that all his bikes go too showed 140hp his Tiger Sport did 105.

Offline sipaldi

• XR Member
  • Bike: SPORT SE HP
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2019, 08:55:32 AM »
  So £15,500 is a realistic price for a 19 KTM 1290 GT?

Is that cash or finance?

What are the ergonomics like compared to the S1000XR please?

May be tempted to take one out for a spin before I pull the pin at BMW.

Offline merlin

• XR Pro
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2019, 09:18:20 AM »
It will depend on the spec, some things like heated grips are extra, I got my add-ons at about half price, so negotiate. I'd go for the 18 bike if they've got any, there's no real difference and the colours are better, and save some money.
Ergonomics are similar, it's a bit narrower. The seat height on paper is a bit more but actually sitting on the bike it's the same as my XR, which is lowered 2cm. The seat is narrower but firmer and more padded. They also do a plusher version. The pillion seat is way better than the XR and about 3" lower, which is a major thing for me and my GF. Screen is bigger with a slight flip-up top edge. And you have the beautiful TFT dash. The clutch is hydraulic with an adjustable-span lever. Most functions are switched on/off via the dash and the (illuminated) 4-way switch on the left cluster.
They've thought about it a bit more than BMW....

Offline RyanGTXR

• XR Member
  • Bike: KTM 1290 GT
  • Town: Notts
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2019, 11:22:25 AM »
*Originally Posted by sipaldi [+]

What are the ergonomics like compared to the S1000XR please?

May be tempted to take one out for a spin before I pull the pin at BMW.

The GT feels tiny when jumping on after the XR, even so it is still a big bike.
The bars are much narrower and closer to you as you are pitched forward slightly. You sit on top of the GT and it feels like it (but no bad thing)
Seat (I have the PP ergo seats) are comfy and as said above rider seat is higher but feels the same, pillion seat is much lower (main reason my GF prefers the GT over the XR as she gets so much wind / buffeting on the XR)
Pegs are a tad lower and further back than the XR. I have a shot knee and find the GT seat / peg position much better than the XR. Can ride all day on the GT no problem, but on the XR I'm stretching my leg out and getting a slight twinge in my lower back from being too upright and stretching to the bars (I'm 5' 7)
The computer is also much easier to use, almost idiot proof in it's simplicity.

I do love the XR but I Looove the GT (apart from the gearbox, but I have a 16 plate. The 19's have an updated box with blipper)

Offline merlin

• XR Pro
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2019, 11:31:28 AM »
Oops, I missed the GT bit when I was reading... my info is for the Super Adventure not the Super Duke.

Fowlers are getting 2018 Super Duke GTs at a similar deal to the 2018 S A. I didn't look at the GT as it's too restrictive for two adult humans and luggage on long trips. If it was just me I'd go for it.

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2019, 01:26:18 PM »

Here's my GT with fresh RS's on it but a competitor to the X/R it ain't that's the Adventurer,its why I bought it cuz its more sports tourer.

While I'm not a fully paid member of the X/R PR club like some  :001: its a brave man who only has one bike going from an X/R to anything KTM.

How easy to ride?? the X/R is an absolute doddle compared to either of the big V twins that is what attracted me to the GT I borrowed for 3 weeks last year because certainly requires some application  :002:

What I have found interesting both my bike and the one I borrowed where registered within weeks of each other and are like chalk and cheese the gearbox and QS on mine are miles better but jeeze the sus is going to take some sorting out compared to the loan bike.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 01:35:29 PM by Winger »

dysfunctional