Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Le-Mans 24 hour Moto 2019  (Read 237 times)

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
Le-Mans 24 hour Moto 2019
« on: April 23, 2019, 01:13:16 PM »
Yet another great long weekend come and gone with a combo of Easter and the weather saw the biggest crowd i’ve Seen in close on 40 years topped off with an exciting finish roll on next year.

Offline Gazk

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000xr SE Sport
  • Town: Leicester
Re: Le-Mans 24 hour Moto 2019
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 03:44:54 PM »
The weather was great this year, the year we went it rained overnight which meant we got some sleep as the French bikers stopped holding their bike on the rev limiter for an hour or so!

I did watch the first hour on TV and saw the BMW was up to fourth by about hour three, I have the highlights to see.
After over thirty years behind the bars, I’ve still not done it all or seen it all.

https://www.youtube.com/user/emmanuelgoldstein1

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 04:34:22 PM »
We meet the same group of guys in the same hotel every year so always have loads to catch up on both bikes and other when they installed the tram system made life much easier travelling to the track we go 50/50 with a mate who always goes to the car race in June with an ACO membership so life is very comfortable combine all that with the weather and a nail biting last hour in the race and a great ride there and back a superb weekend.

What was a topic of conversation was global warming jeez over the years we have done some real suffering with the cold admittedly modern day bike gear helps but those days seem long gone as the weather warms up.

Bad news I see the Froggies have started put up speed camera signs and no bloody camera!!!

Offline Goferbikes

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport
  • Town: Peterborough
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 08:25:18 PM »
It was my 39th year at LeMans this year. Got down to the circuit by 10.30 Saturday and got back to our city centre hotel on the last tram. Went along with a few friends, including two 24hr Virginstow who were both amazed by the close racing. Converts? Got back Sunday morning for 09.30, but too late for a real beer, alcoholic had gone off sale at 07.00 but at least we were told before money was exchanged. Always good to see a few Brit riders competing and the passion of the French is for endurance, I mean real 24hr stuff. I got hooked when I first did the Bol back in '79.