Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Brittany Ferries cancellation at short notice  (Read 809 times)

Offline bazzer

• XR Master
  • Town: Waterlooville
Re: Brittany Ferries cancellation at short notice
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2019, 09:26:04 AM »
@bree

Its a bit quirky with different people in the the restaurant isn't it. But I really like it and the staff are super friendly. I really like it and away from the hustle and bustle of Potes

No not been on the cable car, probably should really. We tend to be chomping at the bit to ride most of the time.

We are probably going to stay there in the second week of our trip for a couple if nights.

Offline Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2019, 12:20:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by bazzer [+]
@bree

Its a bit quirky with different people in the the restaurant isn't it. But I really like it and the staff are super friendly. I really like it and away from the hustle and bustle of Potes

No not been on the cable car, probably should really. We tend to be chomping at the bit to ride most of the time.

We are probably going to stay there in the second week of our trip for a couple if nights.

Let me know if its still as good, as I want to book it again for later in the year. The ride up to the cable car is a good ride not very long but the cable car is a must do.
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline wessie

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2016 XR SE Sport
  • Town: Cheltenham
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2019, 07:49:46 PM »
Pont Aven is broken again and some sailings over the next few days have been pulled.

If you have a trip planned later in the year using this tub, get yourself a contingency plan. If you prebook hotels, make sure they can be cancelled without penalty.

My suggestion would be to travel over the Channel to Caen or St Malo and work your way down through France. If you do not have enough time to get to Spain and back, head into the Volcanes region of the Auvergne near Clermont Ferrand, the Tarn Gorge east of Millau or the Cevennes National Park. Loads of wonderful roads in these areas and not a lot of traffic. La Bourboule or Meyrueis make great bases.