Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Shoei GT Air ii  (Read 960 times)

Offline S1KXR-rider

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S1KXR-Black!
  • Town: Derbyshire
Shoei GT Air ii
« on: May 10, 2019, 08:25:25 AM »
I’m thinking about getting a new helmet and quite like the look of the new Shoei plus the integrated Senna comms unit is a bonus. Has anyone got one yet as it’s still fairly new to the market?

Offline S1KXR-rider

• XR Member
Re: Shoei GT Air ii
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 08:58:32 PM »
I'm going to look at the new Shoei GT air ii tomorrow morning to see if it fits my Arai head. There is a six page thread about this new helmet on the UKGSers forum.
https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/503844-New-Shoei-GT-Air-2

Offline Asw63632004

• XR Pro
  • Bike: XR1000 se Black
  • Town: Swindon UK
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 09:41:44 PM »
I've just got the neotec mk2. Very comfortable  and quiet  but I actually prefer the old model.  I think the ventilation is a bit better.  Both very good and suit my head shape . Am off to Ireland tomorrow for North West 200 so it will have a good test. Cheers. Andy  :305:
Andy

Offline S1KXR-rider

• XR Member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 01:09:49 PM »
*Originally Posted by Asw63632004 [+]
I've just got the neotec mk2. Very comfortable  and quiet  but I actually prefer the old model.  I think the ventilation is a bit better.  Both very good and suit my head shape . Am off to Ireland tomorrow for North West 200 so it will have a good test. Cheers. Andy  :305:

I flew back home from Ni on Sunday after seeing friends. I didn't realise it was the NW200 or I'd have booked a later flight !! I've been meaning to go over to the NW200 for years so hopefully will make it next year.

I tried the new Shoei GT air ii on this morning. I've always had Arai's as I was told I had an Arai head ? but the Shoei was very plush & comfy, a lot more than the Arai Chaser X & RX7-v I tried on. I didn't buy it though as I don't NEED a new helmet just WANT one. I am keeping my wallet closed for a while and continue with my 3 year old Arai QV.

Offline Asw63632004

• XR Pro
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 06:39:02 AM »
Wait till one of the bike shows.  I got an absolute bargain  at the  Excel show a couple of months ago.  Two of us wanted them  so managed to haggle them down a little bit.   :821:
Andy

Offline S1KXR-rider

• XR Member
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2019, 07:46:10 AM »
Wait till one of the bike shows.  I got an absolute bargain  at the  Excel show a couple of months ago.  Two of us wanted them  so managed to haggle them down a little bit.   :821:

That’s probably what I’ll do. I’ll get another season out of my Arai and then get one at the bike show at the NEC in Nov.

Offline jakebake

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: warwick
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2019, 07:16:48 PM »
register with louismoto uk . They have many offers and sent me a 3 day special the other day which was a full 20% off everything on line, not 20% of discontinued lines like most others. I logged in submitted the voucher code and got 20% of the gt air 2. Unfortunately the large size was too small so sent back f.o.c  and awaiting the xl so cannot give you any review as of yet. Louis moto are actually based in germany but i have had no problems and they deliver and take back returns dhl f.o.c
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 07:23:27 PM by jakebake »

Offline S1KXR-rider

• XR Member
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2019, 03:50:31 PM »

You were spot on about waiting for one of the bike shows. I had a ride out to the MCN show at the east of England show ground this morning. Walking around the trade tents I saw the GT air ii on display. Asked how them how much is the gt air ii. When he told me the special show price I had to ask him again as it took me by surprise. £330 !! I had to buy it at that price.

Offline Parmenion

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000xr
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2019, 12:54:34 PM »
Went from a Arai Quest to the Shoei x1100 to a Arai x4 adventure to the new Shoei RYD. Comfy and quiet although not as light as the NXR. The x1100 was 1350g, the X4 was 1650g, the NXR 1350, RYD is 1500g. The price of the RYD was €300, a lot cheaper than the X4 €500, and the NXR €440. For the price point RYD is top. I always go for a white or black and my size is L.

Offline Asw63632004

• XR Pro
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2019, 06:35:35 PM »
*Originally Posted by S1KXR-rider [+]
You were spot on about waiting for one of the bike shows. I had a ride out to the MCN show at the east of England show ground this morning. Walking around the trade tents I saw the GT air ii on display. Asked how them how much is the gt air ii. When he told me the special show price I had to ask him again as it took me by surprise. £330 !! I had to buy it at that price.
:028:
Andy

dysfunctional