Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: exhaust  (Read 527 times)

Offline woody

• XR Junior
  • woody
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: presteigne
exhaust
« on: May 12, 2019, 06:06:27 PM »
ok so, went for a ride today around some of my favourite roads  in wales and i was trying out some new ear plugs that are supposed to cut out wind noise  but allow other sound through ,and they work pretty well ,so to the point of this post, i did not realise how great the exhaust note is in dynamic WHAT HAD I BEEN MISSING wearing cheapo builders ear plugs came home and ordered a "cobra hypershot ultra short " from speed products in Germany pricey but can not wait,early birthday pressy. :152:

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
Re: exhaust
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 06:16:18 PM »
Blimey now that is a part of the world to live when it comes to riding a bike our prefered route is always past your place on the way to CrossGates.

Offline woody

• XR Junior
  • woody
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: presteigne
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2019, 06:37:29 PM »
biking heaven ,when the suns shining.

Offline smithy

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 09:29:43 AM »
*Originally Posted by woody [+]
i did not realise how great the exhaust note is in dynamic WHAT HAD I BEEN MISSING wearing cheapo builders ear plugs came home and ordered a "cobra hypershot ultra short "

The sound won't change a whole lot due to most of the "mufflering" is done in the stock cat system.....fit a set of headers and the story is quite different though :028:

Smithy. 
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 09:31:18 AM by smithy »
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!