Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Black Forrest Trip  (Read 214 times)

Offline Spiceboy

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Bury St Edmunds
Black Forrest Trip
« on: May 15, 2019, 08:15:51 AM »
A bunch of us have booked a trip with an organised tour to the Black Forrest around the B500 area, 20 bikes in total. It'll be a brisk tour as I've been with them before but haven't done Germany for some time.

Has much much changed in terms of speed cameras or the Politzi being for active/aggressive?

We're off Sat 25th on the 7.20am tunnel crossing in case anyone on here is on their travels too.
Cheers,
Charlie Spiceboy.

Online philbuck

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Cheshire
Re: Black Forrest Trip
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 09:10:52 AM »
I was over there the other week, flitting between Germany, Lux, Belgium, and obviously France as we used the tunnel. It was business as usual apart from France, where we hit 3 armed checkpoints within 2 hrs (Eastern France - rural). All of the countrys were very quiet with hardly any enforcement spotted. The petrol prices did shock me though, Euro 1.77/litre unless we were in Luxembourg.  :232:

Online wessie

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2016 XR SE Sport
  • Town: Cheltenham
Re: Black Forrest Trip
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 07:09:37 PM »
Germany hasn't changed except in Bad Wurtemberg state, they close some roads or have very low speed limits on weekends for motorcycles. Black Forest is in this state and there is enforcement en masse. Make sure you understand the signs - install Google Translate on your phone and use the photo part of the app to translate signs etc.

If you are travelling through France on the way, beware they have installed many more cameras and lowered their national speed limit on non-motorways to 80kph. They are sending tickets, as I found out after a trip last September. Took 6 months to arrive, 45 euros for doing 90kph, the old limit.