Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: MCN Rally, Peterborough  (Read 194 times)

Offline Goferbikes

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport
  • Town: Peterborough
MCN Rally, Peterborough
« on: May 18, 2019, 08:24:50 PM »
Was wondering if anyone went today, Saturday 18 May?
Is it worth the money? Last few years it's seemed to be smaller than when under BMF banner and most of the sales are stuff that couldn't be sold at original prices or not of much quality.
Any opinions?
Or perhaps I'll stay home and watch a wet LeMans GP.

Offline S1KXR-rider

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S1KXR-Black!
  • Town: Derbyshire
Re: MCN Rally, Peterborough
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 07:34:32 AM »
I’ve never been before so am planning on going to the show this morning. If nothing else, I’ll enjoy the ride out!!

Offline Goferbikes

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport
  • Town: Peterborough
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 09:34:28 PM »
Better day weather wise today. Hope you had a good ride over, but the show is a shadow of what it once was. Shame cos it was then a busy day. Spent more time today in the bars than walking round the trade stands, lucky i live down the road so no need to ride. Missed the autojumble, or did I but did toy with the idea of a small concrete squirrel for the garden lol.

Offline S1KXR-rider

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S1KXR-Black!
  • Town: Derbyshire
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 07:32:13 AM »
Enjoyed the ride there & back, got a grand total of 404 miles on my new XR now!! I’ve never been to the MCN show before and quite enjoyed it. Bought a new helmet from one of the trade stands and saved quite a bit if money on that. Got Foggy & Shakey to sign my Alpinestars leather jacket. The Suzuki GT750 owners club display of bikes was my real highlight, I’d love (i) to own one of those & (ii) have a garage big enough to keep it in !!!