Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Greetings from Central California  (Read 2114 times)

Offline gr8ridn

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
  • Town: Wofford Heights
Greetings from Central California
« on: November 03, 2015, 02:58:32 AM »
I have had to pleasure of riding this great bike since I took delivery in Early August. I have been riding for 52 years and owned many bikes during this period. This XR ranks at the top and has been an extremely exciting bike to ride. I am hanging on to the 14 GSA for the overall ability to do everything on and off road that I ask, but the XR rules supreme for the paved roads.

I look forward to learning from others with experience on this bike and will try to contribute something useful in return.
2014 BMW R1200 GSAW
2016 BMW S1000XR

Offline grnmtvt

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Essex Junction
Re: Greetings from Central California
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 03:28:02 AM »
Welcome to the forum!
You've got some great roads just made for this bike out your way.
Many people ride.....but for a select group of people it's more than a ride....it's one of life's great passions.

Offline fgdriver

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Red
  • Town: London
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 07:02:22 PM »
 :400: Nice to have great roads i am very jealous.

S.
As Always Ride Safe.

Offline gr8ridn

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
  • Town: Wofford Heights
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 10:31:30 PM »
Thanks for the welcome guys. I have lived here for a bit over 30 years and have enjoyed many great roads over that time. You are right, the riding is great here unless you like stop and go and congestion. Two stop lights in the entire Kern Valley and not many stop signs. It's always nice to be home after a ride. Let me know if you plan to ride in this area, I may be able to help with some interesting rides.
2014 BMW R1200 GSAW
2016 BMW S1000XR

dysfunctional