Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: How to handle the have you had an accident call!  (Read 1781 times)

Online Gazk

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000xr SE Sport
  • Town: Leicester
How to handle the have you had an accident call!
« on: May 28, 2019, 01:26:14 PM »
On Monday I got a call from a local number, like a foul I answered to be greeted by a voice saying Hi I’m Marry something I did not catch from XYZ accident management co! :261:
Thinking quick I said Hi the voice then went on to say have you had an accident so I did this

I say yes when the robot asked have you had an accident? 

then I got real person, so did this.

when they ask my name I said Alfred Kenney, but everyone calls me Alf,

Yep the accent happened on the 29 Feb 2018 :038: they were still on the line, so game on

I said I was sat at some lights and the car behind me hit and have whip lash

they ask for my address said 23 Railway Cuttings, East Cheam SM1 2BH “anyone of an age will know this address as Tony Hancock’s address” as they are still on the line at this point, Fish on the hook now to pull them in

when they ask for an email address said alfkenney1@alfkenney1.me

“so you’re in on the joke just repeat it to yourself and hear to what you’re saying” ALFKENNYONE! Come on think about it!!! :745:

Now by now I thought they would put the phone down but they did not so got them to read it back to you until they put the phone down!

Now look I know I'm going to hell but I mays well make what life I have left fun :192:
After over thirty + years behind the bars, there's still lots to do and see.

Offline Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
Re: How to handle the have you had an accident call!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 05:09:08 PM »
 :001: Great reply. Like you instead of ringing off I try to play games with them. The last call centre that rang asked for the property owner, and I replied that they are in prison. After a short silence they asked what for, and I replied that they had Murdered a call centre worker.
Burrrrrrrrrrr as they slammed down the phone.  At least I had a smile on my face.  Game on.
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Online Gazk

• XR Pro
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 12:37:35 PM »
*Originally Posted by Bree [+]
:001: Great reply. Like you instead of ringing off I try to play games with them. The last call centre that rang asked for the property owner, and I replied that they are in prison. After a short silence they asked what for, and I replied that they had Murdered a call centre worker.
Burrrrrrrrrrr as they slammed down the phone.  At least I had a smile on my face.  Game on.

:152:

Offline barnsyuk

• XR Member
  • S1000XR, 1941 Harley Davidson UL.
  • Town: UK South Coast
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2019, 05:12:38 PM »
Now when I get these calls, I wait until a real person comes on the line and when they ask me What happened I tell them I was killed, this normally gets rid of them, lol.
Do I have a retirement plan, hell yes I plan to ride.

Offline Bree

• XR God
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2019, 06:21:35 PM »
 :002:
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline jakebake

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: warwick
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2019, 06:39:26 PM »
*Originally Posted by barnsyuk [+]
Now when I get these calls, I wait until a real person comes on the line and when they ask me What happened I tell them I was killed, this normally gets rid of them, lol.
  i do a similar thing when i get called up and they ask am I or who looks after the annual  phone contract and i say sorry i dont have or use a phone !  :087:
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 06:40:15 PM by jakebake »

Offline Cheshire Lad

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Wincham
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2019, 12:17:43 AM »
String them along, yes I’ve had an accident, that gets their attention. They ask you all the questions and when they say what happened, I say I sh#t myself........click.

Offline Asw63632004

• XR Pro
  • Bike: XR1000 se Black
  • Town: Swindon UK
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2019, 09:45:33 AM »
I always ask them if they went to university.  If they reply "yes ". Ask them for how long. When they say , three years , I ask them , " how has that worked out for you then ?" They usually hang up  :158:
Andy

Offline Mareng1

• XR Master
  • Town: Scotland
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2019, 02:29:15 PM »
I usually respond with explosive Tourette’s.

Online Gazk

• XR Pro
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2019, 12:33:04 PM »
I sort of fell sorry for them they are on like nothing per hour and they maybe get paid for taking a call and not the out come so if they are on the line with me taking the pi55 and they dont know it they are not calling anyone else.

Old ante who had worked in IT just about all her life kept the guy from "Microsoft  :084:" who told her the PC had a virus on the line for an hour before saying Hoo sorry dear we dont have the internet  :745:

dysfunctional