Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Cant find Neutral  (Read 2899 times)

Offline Westers151

• XR Junior
Re: Cant find Neutral
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2019, 09:31:57 PM »
New here as I've just got one, and also had some issues with neutral. It was fine until I put adjustable levers on, and to put those on I had to slacken the clutch lever.

When you say little slack at cold, do you mean no cable movement, or no movement of the actuation arm on the engine? It takes a while before the actuation arm moves, even though the cable has moved.

Offline Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2019, 09:40:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by Westers151 [+]
New here as I've just got one, and also had some issues with neutral. It was fine until I put adjustable levers on, and to put those on I had to slacken the clutch lever.

When you say little slack at cold, do you mean no cable movement, or no movement of the actuation arm on the engine? It takes a while before the actuation arm moves, even though the cable has moved.

Yes I mean no movement on the lever.
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline Westers151

• XR Junior
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2019, 09:48:05 PM »
Sorry, just read your post again and saw the part about lever play. Must try harder 😀

Next question, I find I have to wind the clutch adjuster quite a way, out, so much so it has a lot of thread showing. That doesn't look right to me, or is it?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 09:49:23 PM by Westers151 »

Offline Bree

• XR God
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2019, 09:50:50 PM »
I will have to check on that I will measure the distance tomorrow and let you know.

Offline Westers151

• XR Junior
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2019, 09:58:00 PM »
Thanks, very much appreciated

Offline Bree

• XR God
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2019, 10:39:29 AM »
Had a look at mine, I have about 12 ml of thread showing, on the adjuster but thinking about that it is not really a guide to go by, as it would depend on the adjustment at the actuation arm. If you are unhappy with the adjustment screw being to far out. Then if you slacken it right off at the lever end then take up some of the slack at the actuator end, that will shorten the adjustment at the lever end.  Whew hope that makes sense.  :002:

Offline smithy

• XR God
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2019, 10:50:48 AM »
*Originally Posted by Westers151 [+]
Sorry, just read your post again and saw the part about lever play. Must try harder 😀

Next question, I find I have to wind the clutch adjuster quite a way, out, so much so it has a lot of thread showing. That doesn't look right to me, or is it?

Adjust the cable at the bottom end, it's difficult but doable.

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline Westers151

• XR Junior
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2019, 04:46:50 PM »
Thanks all, will have a play around and find a happy medium.

Offline TartanX

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000 XR
  • Town: Aberdeen
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2019, 10:32:35 PM »
Hi folks,
Looks like my clutch cable adjustment is at it furthest setting. Question is can you adjust at clutch end without removing fuel tank ?
Cheers

Offline smithy

• XR God
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2019, 04:47:28 AM »
*Originally Posted by TartanX [+]
Hi folks,
Looks like my clutch cable adjustment is at it furthest setting. Question is can you adjust at clutch end without removing fuel tank ? Cheers

Yes, but it's quite difficult, I had to "make my own" tool, to undo the lock nuts....but it is doable.

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!