Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Road angel biketrac  (Read 3669 times)

Offline Shaunyboy

• XR Junior
Road angel biketrac
« on: November 07, 2015, 06:53:38 PM »
Has anyone got this tracker fitted if so please send some feedback i have seen they are £299 and subscription after but are they any good

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Surrey
Re: Road angel biketrac
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 11:24:17 PM »
I wouldn't bother. Most of these things don't make any difference to your insurance, and would you really want your bike back after some little scrote has nicked it?

Offline fgdriver

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Red
  • Town: London
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 09:17:58 AM »
don't know if i would want the bike back but to find out who may be worth it  :192:

S.
As Always Ride Safe.

Offline norskman

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR Red
  • Town: London, UK
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 04:54:51 PM »
I have one.
I bought it and did a deal with them. So it was not £299.

I had it almost 3 years now.

I think its worth it. You can;t always be watching it.
If it is knocked over it also triggers. And if you can't see it visually - you can electronically.

If you have an accident and you are on your own - you can get it to SMS people as well as for theft.

There are alternatives that may be cheaper - and few of them do the same thing. So wait till the Bike show THIS month they often do specials. Oxford products has a new device......

Offline PeterR

• XR Member
  • Bike: White S1000XR
  • Town: Hertfordshire
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 03:05:04 PM »
I have had a bike track for the last 4 years, great product, and there is a very neat and suitable place to fit it to the XR, as well as what norskman says the website tracking option is great, you can see a detailed journey history broken into segments, every time you turn off the ignition, these segments can be downloaded in gpx format to load into your satnav or basecamp, or its just good to be able to look where you've been and it can also display your speed at any given point on the route.

Having Biktrac that will send an SMS immediately to you if its moved without the ignition being switched on and will track it may just result in the "little scrote that nicked it" getting jail time, potentially recover more stolen bikes and stop other fellow bikers suffering a similar fate!

Offline Gatsoburner

• XR Pro
  • Bike: Red XR SE
  • Town: Manchester
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 05:00:14 PM »
Brrrr, can bring your speed up, seen too many people get their botty bitten by their own videos, can it be accessed by anyone, ins company on recovery from a bump ?
With a bike like this it just wants to `make progress` all the time
Therapy...

You'll never see a motorbike parked outside a psychiatrists.

Offline PeterR

• XR Member
  • Bike: White S1000XR
  • Town: Hertfordshire
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 09:04:51 AM »
Its a route tracker that is accessed via a secure login to Road Angel's portal, administered by you, I do not believe it could be used for a speeding violation. Bur surely if you cause an accident because of your own poor riding shouldn't you accept the consequences anyway, with or without Biketrac corroboration?

dysfunctional