Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Clutch Drag / other issues  (Read 2116 times)

Offline Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
Re: Clutch Drag / other issues
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2019, 09:17:55 PM »
Phew nearly there........
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline wilbert

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2018 XR Sport SE
  • Town: Lancashire
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2019, 08:11:53 PM »
My bike was delivered on time and the clutch / quick shifter issues have been sorted. This isn't to say that I am happy, far from it. I am awaiting their official response before I open a massive can of worms and sh1t starts to fly as I believe they have tried to pull a fast one.

I am getting fed up of hearing the phrase "goodwill gesture" from the dealer. When something is just over a year old and still has 11 months warranty left items that are defective are replaced under warranty not goodwill. They or BMW are doing me no favours by sticking to the terms and conditions of the warranty and doing what they are legally bound to do. Goodwill is replacing parts after the warranty has run out.

Offline Bree

• XR God
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2019, 09:44:41 PM »
I still remember my brothers advice when dealing with any sales outlet. Whether it be Bike, Car, Kitchen, ect ect. Never never be the nice guy always go in guns blazing, only then will they take any notice. Being mister nice guy only gives them the incentive to take the piss. In your position I would send them a very detailed list of their failings and copy in BMW head office.  :211:
An angry customer who threatens to take it further will give them the incentive to make you a happy customer........And if you are not satisfied then go elsewhere........................................... :041:
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 09:46:32 PM by Bree »

Offline Biggen

• XR Junior
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2019, 06:41:19 PM »
*Originally Posted by norskman [+]
we found that the oil level was too high. This was causing pressure to the clutch plates.

Removing oil seemed to have fixed it.

I am keeping an eye the clutch changing...
I have the same problem. I commute into London and it's becoming a bit of a nightmare. Sometimes I have to switch to engine off so I can put it in neutral. Vines said that they didn't experience any issues. Next week I will take it to Bahnstormer. Has anyone find the solution?

Offline Bree

• XR God
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2019, 06:49:48 PM »
*Originally Posted by Biggen [+]
I have the same problem. I commute into London and it's becoming a bit of a nightmare. Sometimes I have to switch to engine off so I can put it in neutral. Vines said that they didn't experience any issues. Next week I will take it to Bahnstormer. Has anyone find the solution?

Hi is this an issue with finding neutral ? . If so try the clutch adjustment at the lever. Do not adjust it to the bmw spec, but adjust it right up so you only have a very small movement in the lever ( under 5mm ). The reason for this is when the bike heats up the play in the cable expands and when you pull in the clutch it does not fully engage the clutch. Hence hard to get into neutral................ 

Offline Biggen

• XR Junior
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2019, 09:27:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by Bree [+]

Hi is this an issue with finding neutral ? . If so try the clutch adjustment at the lever. Do not adjust it to the bmw spec, but adjust it right up so you only have a very small movement in the lever ( under 5mm ). The reason for this is when the bike heats up the play in the cable expands and when you pull in the clutch it does not fully engage the clutch. Hence hard to get into neutral................
Thank you very much
I will try tomorrow. Hopefully this will fix it.

Offline Bree

• XR God
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2019, 09:30:09 PM »
Let us know how you get on................

Offline wilbert

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2018 XR Sport SE
  • Town: Lancashire
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2019, 08:18:04 AM »
I have submitted an official compliant to BMW UK. So far they have been next to useless and as soon as the manager of my local dealer is back off holiday I will be paying him a visit. The clutch now operates as it should after being replaced but the set of ba$tards at the dealers have tried and failed to pull a fast one regarding the replacement right hand side front faring panel. It was supposed to have been replaced under warranty but they have simply got someone to do a smart repair to the panel to male it "look like new". This may have fooled some but it is obvious what they have done. The panel still doesn't fit and is exactly like the "old" one, the orange peel finish to the area that has been touched up, build up of paint on an internal radius and some overspray on the headlight are dead giveaways too. Of course the lying sods totally deny this and claim it is a new panel. Some people on the XR FB page have said I'm being too petty over this but to me this is absolutely scandalous and I will not let it drop. As much as I like my bike I hate the dealer and probably won't buy another BMW because of it. If Honda bring out a model that is comparable to the XR I will be putting money their way.

Offline Bree

• XR God
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2019, 10:23:03 AM »
I make you completely correct, take lots of pictures of the repaired area and do not let them get away with trying to fob you off.
Plus do not give up on complaining to bmw uk. I would also threaten them with sending the pics and any other proof to leading bike magazines, they absolutely hate bad press. Keep us informed and good luck.............................................