Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Navigator VI -- Worth it?  (Read 2091 times)

Online Diavel

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Vientiane
Re: Navigator VI -- Worth it?
Reply #20 on: May 05, 2021, 05:53:03 AM
I saw on the forum that one member had thought about this so I ordered one as , for the price, its worth a gamble imho. It has not arrived yet so time will tell.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000019117472.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.219d4c4dM8dbRJ

Offline JerryG

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2021 S1000XR
  • Town: Hendersonville
Reply #21 on: May 05, 2021, 09:57:11 AM
*Originally Posted by Diavel [+]
I saw on the forum that one member had thought about this so I ordered one as , for the price, its worth a gamble imho. It has not arrived yet so time will tell.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000019117472.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.219d4c4dM8dbRJ

There is also a wireless version of this...

https://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Wireless-Charger-Navigation-Bracket/dp/B08FHWV5WQ

Offline Mareng1

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Cumbria
Reply #22 on: May 05, 2021, 10:31:17 AM
*Originally Posted by JerryG [+]

I could be wrong, but I suspect that inductive charging might not be sufficient capacity while navigating in bright sunlight.

Worth a punt, though - as you can always cable connect if found to be lacking in some situations.

Offline JerryG

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2021 S1000XR
  • Town: Hendersonville
Reply #23 on: May 05, 2021, 10:43:59 AM
I'm currently using Ram's Quick-Grip wireless charger and I've noticed it sometimes stops charging and/or seems like it doesn't keep up. Just starting a six day 1500 ride today; I'll know better after that. I did set up a wired charging option as backup.

Online Antares

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2015 BMW S1000XR
Reply #24 on: May 05, 2021, 12:10:38 PM
*Originally Posted by Mareng1 [+]
I could be wrong, but I suspect that inductive charging might not be sufficient capacity while navigating in bright sunlight.

Worth a punt, though - as you can always cable connect if found to be lacking in some situations.

Highly dependent on phone and charger my phone can charge nearly as quick on wireless as regular wired charger. Accubattery app can yell you your discharge rate in mA and therefore the charging rate you might need.

Offline wood

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Atlanta
Reply #25 on: May 05, 2021, 02:07:59 PM
The wireless chargers are good, but not great.  I have purchased thee for home use - ones that charge the phone, iWatch, and Ear Buds at the same time.  Even when using just the phone charging part - several have not worked. 

Even with the current charger, with an Apple-approved phone case - it still exhibits bad habits and may not charge.  The best process is to charge without the case on the phone.  But, that defeats the purpose of trying to protect your expensive phone.

May also explain why Apple does not offer a wireless charger for their own phone.   :027:

Online Antares

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2015 BMW S1000XR
Reply #26 on: May 05, 2021, 05:33:03 PM
*Originally Posted by wood [+]
The wireless chargers are good, but not great.  I have purchased thee for home use - ones that charge the phone, iWatch, and Ear Buds at the same time.  Even when using just the phone charging part - several have not worked. 

Even with the current charger, with an Apple-approved phone case - it still exhibits bad habits and may not charge.  The best process is to charge without the case on the phone.  But, that defeats the purpose of trying to protect your expensive phone.

May also explain why Apple does not offer a wireless charger for their own phone.   :027:

Seem like apple problems haha

dysfunctional