Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Akrapovic full system  (Read 3602 times)

Offline nick1972

• XR Member
  • Bike: R9T, S1KR, STR.
  • Town: Berkshire/Perth
Akrapovic full system
« on: November 17, 2015, 08:16:41 AM »
When it turns up (this week hopefully) this will be going on my new bike, does anyone know the bhp/torque increase (if any)?  :027:

Offline grnmtvt

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Essex Junction
Re: Akrapovic full system
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 02:18:19 AM »
Try the Akrapovik site.....all that info is there.  Forgot the numbers but they aren't huge.
Wish I could foot the bill for the entire system.....love to get rid of the cat........and hear that sweet sweet sound unleashed in all it's glory!!!
Many people ride.....but for a select group of people it's more than a ride....it's one of life's great passions.

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Surrey
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 07:31:24 AM »
What are you doing about the software on the bike, as it'll need an update to get the full benefit? Do BMW offer an update?

Offline nick1972

• XR Member
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2015, 08:16:13 AM »
*Originally Posted by RichS1000XR [+]
What are you doing about the software on the bike, as it'll need an update to get the full benefit? Do BMW offer an update?

They said none would be required as the ECU had a large adaptive capability to auto-tune the engine.....  :027:
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 08:19:42 AM by nick1972 »

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Surrey
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2015, 10:43:49 AM »
*Originally Posted by nick1972 [+]
They said none would be required as the ECU had a large adaptive capability to auto-tune the engine.....  :027:

On most other bikes (including the S1000R and RR), when the full Akra system is fitted, eliminating the cat, they need a software update to correct the fuelling. As BMW sell the full system for these bikes, they take care of the software mapping as part of the price. As they don't offer the full system for the XR, I'm interested to know who updates the map to sort the fuelling. :027:

I was tempted to get the full system for the XR, as I have it on my GSA, but have held off for the time being. I know that Hilltop in Leicester could update the ECU, but don't know if they've done any XR's yet. With some people complaining about vibes, I don't know whether this would make those better or worse.

The bike has more than enough power from stock, so rather than getting the full system, I'm just going to hide the ugly cat. Out of sight, out of mind! :745:
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 10:47:01 AM by RichS1000XR »

Offline nick1972

• XR Member
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2015, 10:49:22 AM »
*Originally Posted by RichS1000XR [+]
On most other bikes (including the S1000R and RR), when the full Akra system is fitted, eliminating the cat, they need a software update to correct the fuelling. As BMW sell the full system for these bikes, they take care of the software mapping as part of the price. As they don't offer the full system for the XR, I'm interested to know who updates the map to sort the fuelling. :027:

I was tempted to get the full system for the XR, as I have it on my GSA, but have held off for the time being. I know that Hilltop in Leicester could update the ECU, but don't know if they've done any XR's yet. With some people complaining about vibes, I don't know whether this would make those better or worse.

The bike has more than enough power from stock, so rather than getting the full system, I'm just going to hide the ugly cat. Out of sight, out of mind! :745:

I've just emailed the dealer, will let you know.

Offline grnmtvt

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Essex Junction
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2015, 02:14:03 AM »
It was my understanding that BMW and Akrapovik were working together and that BMW was offerning the full system.
Many people ride.....but for a select group of people it's more than a ride....it's one of life's great passions.

dysfunctional