Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Headlights  (Read 498 times)

Offline SusansXR

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Georgetown
Headlights
« on: July 15, 2019, 02:15:47 AM »
So, 
When riding and the headlights are on normal, not brights.  It seems that only the right one shines bright.  Riders look at me in their rear view mirror and say that they only see the right hand headlight shinning bright. (looks like I only have one headlight.)  When standing in front of the bike, both headlights are on but you can sure see that the right side is brighter.   Question, is there a mod that fixes this?   LED replacement of OEM lights?
Or do I just have to accept the mono looking headlight?
Any comments or suggestions?
Thank you

Offline SimonUK

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR,S1000R
  • Town: Upstate, SC
Re: Headlights
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 03:25:46 AM »
That is just the way it is (on the R, RR and XR). The right side(when sitting on the bike is low beam, the left side is high beam. At least with the XR the low stays on when you turn on the high beam(unlike the R(US version only)) where the low beam shuts off when the high beam is activated!!!  :005:

Offline Markymark11

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2018 MotorSport
  • Town: Basingstoke
Re: Headlights
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 06:05:07 PM »
I fitted HID's which were miles better but the high beam takes a second to light up so no use as a flasher - I ended up adjusting the high beam down to an acceptable level and run with the high beam on all the time and found it was perfect at night for 90% of roads and perfect during the day -  to flash I would turn it off and back on which has the same if not reverse effect.

Others have fitted LED and found them better as they light up faster than HID, both are brighter than the standard lights.

If you want to go the full hog then Google "Skene controller" - I don't know if it works with the XR's CANbus system but the web site will tell you. It allows both lights to be on and you can reduce / increase the brightness to your desire to make it safe for daytime.