Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Heavy Bar Ends  (Read 1992 times)

Offline PlanktonPete

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Gloucestershire
Heavy Bar Ends
« on: November 26, 2015, 05:48:18 PM »
I can't find the previous post on these so started a new one.
I've just got round to fitting the Rhino heavy bar ends I got in October.
Including the fitting bolts (which are longer than OE and also have an allen key head, instead of the OE Torx T50) the new ones weigh 340gms
The original ones (including bolts) weight 100 gms.
The Rhino ones are an extra 1 cm thicker than OE so it increases overall handlebar width by 2 cm.
So more mass equals less tingles?

In a nutshell, yes, but.

They do not eliminate the buzzing vibration between 4500 and 6200 rpm but do dampen it so it is not quite as annoying.

My dealer tells me BMW HQ is aware of the problem and are thinking about it. 
They have also commented on the "leaning to the right" tendency of the bike when there is no steering input and this is apparently because of the packaging of engine, frame, pipes and assorted whatnot on the bike.  There is more weight on the right.
So that's all right then.

Just had a little 2 hour blat on Gloucestershire's finest tight and twisties today which, despite all the Farmer Giles' presents and wet, mucky, leaf crudded, diesel puddled little country roads, gave me a big smile on my clock.  What a great bike.

Pete

Offline fgdriver

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Red
  • Town: London
Re: Heavy Bar Ends
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 05:50:03 PM »
Hey Pete.

I got the ones from Wales and the same result.  It does not stop them but now I can see out of my mirrors at 70 dead on.  and can ride at 70 without the 5mph either side.

S.
As Always Ride Safe.

dysfunctional