Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Navi v  (Read 1058 times)

Offline Jonnyboy

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000 XR
  • Town: SunnyScunny
Re: Navi v
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2019, 07:30:19 AM »
*Originally Posted by Bree [+]

Ahh the answer lays in the MyRoute App, a brilliant bit of kit that allows you to make any route you like without using basecamp. Once you are happy with the route you can download it directly onto your Nav - V. I do not normally find this stuff easy but the MyRoute App is very intuitive. If you need any further information PM me............................:041:
Brilliant bit of advice. Thanks so much for that. Myrouteapp is so much better than Basecamp and loads easier than using the sat nav to plan routes. Well worth the small fee.
Thanks again
Jon P
Just because my path is different, it doesn't  mean I'm lost.

Offline Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2019, 09:10:43 AM »
Great glad you found it helpful. I have put in various routes for my upcoming trip to the Picos & Portugal, that way I can vary the trip if i want to.......................:041:
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Worcester, UK
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2019, 09:29:01 PM »
I use Basecamp all the time - its fine and fairly easy to use. Just use the tutorial  :305:
PSH

Offline Jonnyboy

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000 XR
  • Town: SunnyScunny
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2019, 09:32:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by Bree [+]
Great glad you found it helpful. I have put in various routes for my upcoming trip to the Picos & Portugal, that way I can vary the trip if i want to.......................:041:
Daft question but do you take a laptop/tablet on your tours? I'm really pushed for luggage space, just a topbox and 2 Shand panniers for 2 weeks for me and my wife!
Just because my path is different, it doesn't  mean I'm lost.

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Worcester, UK
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2019, 09:38:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by Jonnyboy [+]
Daft question but do you take a laptop/tablet on your tours? I'm really pushed for luggage space, just a topbox and 2 Shand panniers for 2 weeks for me and my wife!

No I don't. You dont need to unless you want to change your route  :305:
PSH

Offline Bree

• XR God
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2019, 10:17:10 AM »
*Originally Posted by Jonnyboy [+]

No I don't take a laptop, Using MyRouteapp I tend to load various routes onto the sat-nav in the area that I am going and I then have a choice whilst I am there. I do take a good map as back up.         .........................:041:

Offline bazzer

• XR Master
  • Town: Waterlooville
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2019, 08:31:03 AM »
MyRouteApp is brilliant, I use it for all my trips and to share routes with mates.

I occasionally will export them out of MyRouteApp into base camp but now days I do it less and less as I have kind of worked out the little foibles of the garmin.

One thing would be good is if you could tell MyRouteApp that you want some of the points to be actual waypoints rather than shaping points. For instance coffee and lunch stops as actual waypoints on the trip.

If you load it as a version 1.0 file they are all waypoints but that limits the number then. If you load it as 1.1 then the intermediate get converted to shaping points, which allows more, just would like to mark a few of them as waypoints.

Offline Bree

• XR God
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2019, 12:16:11 PM »
I think you can get round the way points by breaking the route into say, two parts. And then adding way points on each half. I have not tried that way but looking at it it should be possible to include more way points on the route.                :041:

Offline bazzer

• XR Master
  • Town: Waterlooville
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2019, 01:27:57 PM »
You can convert shaping points to waypoints on the device. Just would be nice to do it when planning

Especially when sharing with a group of people.

Offline fozz

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000 xr se
  • Town: Somerset
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2019, 09:44:09 PM »
Ive had my v for 3 years now,bought with the bike.To be honest i much prefer the Tom tom rider for very easy quick route planning,used all over Europe and never let me down.I just find the Garmin far too complicated for what i need.
Also i only use a Sat nav visually and the Garmin cannot keep up with the bike,the Tom tom could.

dysfunctional