Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Lost throttle!  (Read 2091 times)

Offline Fast Tony

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Waltham Abbey
Lost throttle!
« on: December 01, 2015, 10:37:11 AM »
Hi to everybody. Just shows you are never too old to score an own goal. Got my 620 mile old ex demo bike delivered from Chester Motorrad. I then proceeded to put on the extras as you do, one of which was my Optimate lead and in doing so i unwittingly disconnected the battery all be it momentarily. The next time i rode the bike it behaved very odd and the engine idle was very erratic and at slow speed made the bike difficult to control as the throttle was not responding as it should. What happened was the throttle lost it's position memory! Fortunately SBW Welwyn Motorrad  knew what was wrong and fixed it in seconds. If this happens to you, all you need to do is turn on the ignition, roll the throttle fully open and closed 3 times, turn off ignition and it's reset. Can't thank Welwyn enough. What a game changer this bike is. Had most of the various Japanese plastic crotch rockets over the years but nothing like this!

Offline grnmtvt

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Essex Junction
Re: Lost throttle!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 03:21:07 AM »
You're right.......it is a game changer in many ways!  Glad you got that problem ironed out.   :002:
Many people ride.....but for a select group of people it's more than a ride....it's one of life's great passions.

Offline Fast Tony

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Waltham Abbey
Re: Lost throttle!
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 12:16:37 PM »
So am i! The demo bike at Cannon Motorrad rode perfect or i would have walked away from it. I just hope this blog stops another fellow XR owner scoring the same "own goal".

dysfunctional