Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New XR custodian and loving it!  (Read 354 times)

Offline ROSCOXR

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR SPORT SE
  • Town: SPALDING
New XR custodian and loving it!
« on: August 22, 2019, 02:32:17 PM »
Hi to all the fellow XR owners out there!

I am late to the party and never considered this awesome rocket ship! I was looking for 1 bike to replace my comfy (also wollowy and not so fast) 2016 Tiger Sport and my 2011 Suzuki GSXR1000 (very fast, but not so comfy!).

Not many bikes fitted the bill, but after test riding a 1200 Multistrada, the dealer had a 2015 red XR and a 2016 white/grey/red XR. Mmmmmm we thought. Loved the look of the white/grey/red bike and next day, went for a half day test ride. WOW!!! Where have you been all my life? So many bikes over the years and then – bam! The rest as they say is history - what a phenomenal bike.  :008: Comfy, good brakes/suspension and faaast to boot! Way better than the Multi for us.

So here I am. Two bikes traded in and deal done. Fits my needs perfectly. Had it about 4 weeks now and can't stop riding it - or grinning! As for the hastily taken photo - The fluorescent top box is off the Tiger (matt black with fluo accents) and is going to be painted to compliment the bike.

Just need to sort the ignition switch problem that has happened twice - you know, key off engine still runs. Plus the 2 second camchain rattle on start up. Oh well, nobody's perfect! I can see this one being a keeper.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 07:16:58 AM by ROSCOXR »

Offline Asw63632004

• XR Pro
  • Bike: XR1000 se Black
  • Town: Swindon UK
Re: New XR custodian and loving it!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 02:46:58 PM »
 :400: . It'll keep you smiling every time you ride it  :001:
Cheers. Andy  :821:
Andy

Offline otrp

• XR Master
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2019, 02:57:44 PM »
Welcome Rosco.   :002:

Offline Becksy

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Warwickshire
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 06:25:31 PM »
Absolutely agreee with your sentiments. You have the same colour as me and same top box, though my box is the grey version. Had mine for 2.5years. Not looked at or wanted another bike since getting it.

Offline ROSCOXR

• XR Junior
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2019, 06:49:07 PM »
Hi Becksy

I think it's going to be the same for me. A few issues to sort & keep an eye on, but absolutely love it. I looked for grey panels for the top box but can't find anyone selling them. Got a spray painter that I work with and will get him to spray them during the cold spell.

I have tested and owned many bikes as have we all and got to say that this is the best by far. Safe and happy riding!

Offline iflyanxr

• XR Junior
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2019, 12:43:01 PM »
Gray side panel info.

SKU: Z4701A9000R

Offline ROSCOXR

• XR Junior
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2019, 04:12:17 PM »
Thanks for the info. I have the panel info, but can't find anyone selling them at the moment. Usual suspects like eBay have turned up nothing as yet. I will keep looking though!

Offline iflyanxr

• XR Junior
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2019, 04:38:13 PM »
They will sell direct.

Givi Customer Service:
East Coast Phone # (704)679-4123
Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 5:30 pm est.

Offline ROSCOXR

• XR Junior
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2019, 06:00:00 PM »
Thanks again. I am trying to find someone in the UK though. Shipping from the States can be very expensive - I have sent givi in Italy an email, but no answer as yet. I will keep at it!

Offline Rod

• XR Member
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2019, 09:19:05 AM »
Welcome  :001:
When it comes to changing tyres, fit Michelin Road 5's, transforms the handling......if that's possible  :008:

dysfunctional