Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Euro 4 exhaust, stock headers: different sound with Akrapovic euro 4?  (Read 3539 times)

Offline smithy

• XR God
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
*Originally Posted by Colin [+]
Just reading this thread and makes me feel like a free spirit, I couldn’t even wait 2 years for my warranty to end before deciding on headers and now stage 3 Brentuning winging its way to me, 5 years seems like a life sentence, not a criticism but I just can’t wait for the bike to be free of constraints.

Warranty is not an issue here in Aus, the law here is very clear regardless of what BMW, (or any other manufacturer) says....I had a set of Arrow headers, Delkevic muffler and RBE fitted to mine within 2 weeks of bringing it home new from the dealer. They cannot deny warranty for an unrelated issue....eg: for a brake problem if you have headers fitted. My bike is long out of warranty now anyway and I've had no issues other than a duff battery
 and rattling cam chain within the first week...both easily sorted.

Smithy.

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
Colin

I take my hat off to you Sir  :002:, the plus there’s little risk with the X/R, I can’t remember anything major cropping up on here, and the plus side...blimey are you in for a treat with the motor running the way it should in the first place.

Sorry to be spending your money...but I’ll try to save you some...you need an after market front wheel...the rear is bling but the front makes the same noticeable difference that the fuelling mods do.

As for buying a Gen2 not a snowballs chance in hell me buying one, got my hands full with my current KTM aftermarket Airbox/PC/Exhaust/dyno run/carbon wheels that is all ready to go and with restrictions sat in the garage  :110:

Offline Colin

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Peterborough
Yes I’m quite happy with the very small risk of the engine going pop, hmm front wheel hmm......I’ve already told the missus I’ve spent the grocery shopping for the next few months on Brentuning, said it was a H&S issue   :745:

Offline Warree

• XR Pro
  • Town: Pembury
Just wondering: what is your favorite for front wheel upgrade?

Offline Colin

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Peterborough
Good question and will await feedback from those that have done it ?

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
*Originally Posted by Warree [+]
Just wondering: what is your favorite for front wheel upgrade?

My preference has always been Dymag, some years back they were in some financial difficulty and I went BST carbon’s which I still have but my normal go to is Dymag be that both Mag/Alloy on the X/R and Carbon on a KTM, have no doubt they transform the quick steering of the bike...they also put a big hole in your pocket....but when you get too that that light bulb moment in life of realising you ain’t going to live forever does make things a tad easier  :001:

Online Gaz3014

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR TE M Spo
  • Town: Northants
....but when you get too that that light bulb moment in life of realising you ain’t going to live forever does make things a tad easier  :001:
[/quote]

amen to that!! :028:
CARPE DIEM