Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Panel being replaced under warranty  (Read 2843 times)

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Surrey
Panel being replaced under warranty
« on: December 08, 2015, 09:08:00 PM »
My bike is at the dealer having the headers and some other bits fitted, and they called to say the left panel (the large one with the XR logo) is being replaced under warranty, as there aren't enough retaining lugs. Anyone else heard of this?

It may be worth checking your bikes, as the panel was quite loose apparently.

Offline grnmtvt

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Essex Junction
Re: Panel being replaced under warranty
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 03:58:36 AM »
Very interesting.  Thanks for posting this!  Wonder if they are worrried about vibration or possibly losing the entire panel during use?  Will have to check in with my dealer.
Many people ride.....but for a select group of people it's more than a ride....it's one of life's great passions.

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Surrey
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 07:45:27 AM »
*Originally Posted by grnmtvt [+]
Very interesting.  Thanks for posting this!  Wonder if they are worrried about vibration or possibly losing the entire panel during use?  Will have to check in with my dealer.

It's not to do with the vibration, but more to do with it being ripped off at high speed. It stayed on at 150mph though! :008:

I remember there was a similar issue with the S1000R when they first came out, although mine wasn't affected.

Offline grnmtvt

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Essex Junction
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 04:09:56 AM »
Hell, can't imagine the thing flying off at that speed or any for that matter!!   :005:
Didn't know that about the R. 
Many people ride.....but for a select group of people it's more than a ride....it's one of life's great passions.