Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Battery dimension  (Read 2358 times)

Offline JTL

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: England
Re: Battery dimension
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2019, 05:57:54 PM »
I’m considering going Lithium when my OEM dies, but it’s still going strong after 26 months and 26,000 miles.

Offline Lmorris2794

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Notts
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2019, 06:43:26 PM »
I did consider lithium, but the cost of a decent battery and the the cost of a lithium battery charger on top was just to much.

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2019, 10:17:57 PM »
Anyone thinking of going that route bide your time till Calsport are selling on eBay(like now) they are good money £54,had my old X/T going today boy does the lithium spark it up quick  :005:

Offline grihanov

• XR Junior
  • Town: scotland
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2019, 10:33:24 AM »
just bought from them calsport on ebay 54£ Lithium
not sure if its going to fit.  + /- terminals are placed on different sides in compare with original 
hopefully wires on bike long enough

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2019, 03:19:35 PM »
Mine is a different manufacturer but the fitting is identical just dropped in fine.

Online smithy

• XR God
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2019, 09:15:06 PM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
Mine is a different manufacturer but the fitting is identical just dropped in fine.

Yeah, me too, I got an SSB Lithium LFP14H-BS last year, it's less than half the weight of the original and 290CCA  :005:... Compared to the pi$$-fart capacity of the original BMW battery. Has been awesome. I have this one..:

https://superstart.com.au/lfp14h-bs-lightweight-lithium-ion-phosphate-motorcycle-battery.html

Here's a quote from the SSB website:

"SSB PowerSport Lithium Batteries are also one of the only Lithium Ion Batteries that can be charged using normal 12V car battery chargers / alternators".

So, for those peeps worried about charging/chargers etc...most of these new SSB Lithium batteries, (and I suspect others too), have integrated charging circuits which allow the use of normal chargers....if it were a problem we wouldn't be able to plonk them straight into our bikes..!

Smithy.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 09:24:54 PM by smithy »
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

dysfunctional