Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Brake & Clutch Levers  (Read 963 times)

Offline BobW

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Wirral
Brake & Clutch Levers
« on: September 21, 2019, 12:24:50 AM »
Looking to put some quality adjustable brake & clutch levers on my XR.  I don’t have bottomless pockets, which these new demand.  Searching used, there is precious little for the XR, but many for the R, and RR. 
My question regards compatibility with the XR.

Offline Markymark11

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2018 MotorSport
  • Town: Basingstoke
Re: Brake & Clutch Levers
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2019, 07:49:30 AM »
If you have small hands try Vtrec levers sold by Motea. I fitted a pair of these but then returned them. They come in nice and close to the bars.  They are well made and good looking but a little too "chunky" for my liking but at £98 a pair I think excellent value. Various colours and options, they do folding as well on the Motea web site.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/V-Trec-Brake-Clutch-Lever-Set-short-long-BMW-S-1000-XR-15-19/283593926031?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I have gone back to HP levers. I know there is also a lot of support for Puig and ABM Synto.which both come highly recommended.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 07:56:30 AM by Markymark11 »

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2019, 12:00:58 PM »
Heaps on here already about such just hit the search button my preference has always been Pazzo and they still do not make them for the X/R I went Rizoma in the end but not for the financially faint hearted.

Offline BobW

• XR Member
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2019, 07:09:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by Markymark11 [+]
If you have small hands try Vtrec levers sold by Motea.

I have gone back to HP levers. I know there is also a lot of support for Puig and ABM Synto.which both come highly recommended.

My hands are glove size 11/12 ie. like shovels 😉  tho even I find the OE levers a stretch.

I’ve been impressed by the HP range, but certainly at a price.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 07:21:09 PM by BobW »

Offline orbits

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2019, 11:00:41 PM »
I went with ABM Synto - nicely made, definite improvement in reducing the span; makes the controls useable for those without Gruffalo hands. Microswitch compatible for the two switches under the clutch lever. All good basically. The only bad bit was that when you swap them out you find out how utterly sh#t the quality of the BMW standard fit levers and mounts is - seems a shame to fit such a nice lever in to such a nasty mount.

Offline Remo83

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR 3B
  • Town: Leuven
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2019, 12:37:47 PM »
 :0461:

I went for the Evo version. They have shorty and normal levers in the same package, so you can switch without hassle.

Good luck with whatever you choose. I couldn't miss mine anymore and I also wear an 11 glove and have long fingers.

Remo
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 12:38:47 PM by Remo83 »

Offline BobW

• XR Member
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2019, 09:11:05 PM »
*Originally Posted by BobW [+]
[snip]
Searching used, there is precious little for the XR, but many for the R, and RR.  My question regards compatibility with the XR.

My Q remains:  is either clutch or brake lever from the RR or R, compatible with our XR?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 09:11:36 PM by BobW »

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2019, 09:49:04 PM »
That’s a no.

But if you google Pazzo fitting guide you can see for yourself as to what fits what.

Offline smithy

• XR God
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2019, 10:15:02 PM »
*Originally Posted by BobW [+]
My Q remains:  is either clutch or brake lever from the RR or R, compatible with our XR?

What Winger said....No..! The R & RR have different clutch and brake setups to the XR.

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline BobW

• XR Member
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2019, 11:48:05 PM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
That’s a no.

But if you google Pazzo fitting guide you can see for yourself as to what fits what.

*Originally Posted by smithy [+]
What Winger said....No..! The R & RR have different clutch and brake setups to the XR.

Smithy.

Please excuse my knowledge gap..  Thanks to you both  :152:

dysfunctional