Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Having this much fun on a bike has to be illegal  (Read 6540 times)

Offline OzbimmerXR

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S 1000 XR
  • Town: Melbourne VIC
Having this much fun on a bike has to be illegal
« on: December 10, 2015, 11:20:15 AM »
Picked up the XR 3 weeks ago now and have managed 1 pillion day ride and a 900klm solo weekend trip into the mountains with the boys plus a few short city rides, do I love the XR?  You bet, go as far as saying this is the best bike I have owned.

Awesome pillion bike even going downhill through tight twisties and under brakes no pressure on the arms or wrists light precise steering and wife loves it too that quick shifter gives such smooth changes.

Covered a lot of different terrain on the weekend trip with fast tight sections, long boring highway sections (love that cruise control) great sweepers and the bike didn't put a foot wrong once, so quick and so confidence inspiring. :001:

Offline johnboy1984

• XR Pro
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Belfast
Re: Having this much fun on a bike has to be illegal
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 02:11:44 PM »
Agreed mate, each time I ride mine it gets better and better. I'm sure my pals are sick of listening to me bleating on about how good it is but I just struggle to find the words. I had a Fireblade before it and never had a fraction of the fun. I don't care what anyone says, in the real world this is a sport bike killer.

The handling, the quick shifter, the noise, the power its just an incredible machine. Id have been mighty pissed off if I had of waited until later in life to experience a bike like this. I couldn't envision myself riding anything other than an xr for the rest of my days.  :821:

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Surrey
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 04:29:37 PM »
It is an epic bike, and my mates also get fed up with me banging on about how good it is! :008:

I haven't ridden it for a few weeks, and probably won't get a chance to until the New Year, as all my spare time is filled with parties etc, but I can't wait to get back out on it ASAP!

Offline OzbimmerXR

• XR Member
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 09:09:41 PM »
I'm lucky my mate has one too and we can both go on together and give all our mates on inferior machinery heaps, trouble is lots of them have a BM of some form or another now, chasing my mate on his s1000R I think he was surprised how quick the XR was :008:

Offline OzbimmerXR

• XR Member
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 09:19:19 PM »
*Originally Posted by johnboy1984 [+]
Agreed mate, each time I ride mine it gets better and better. I'm sure my pals are sick of listening to me bleating on about how good it is but I just struggle to find the words. I had a Fireblade before it and never had a fraction of the fun. I don't care what anyone says, in the real world this is a sport bike killer.

The handling, the quick shifter, the noise, the power its just an incredible machine. Id have been mighty pissed off if I had of waited until later in life to experience a bike like this. I couldn't envision myself riding anything other than an xr for the rest of my days.  :821:
I had a 2000 Blade and loved that bike did 79,000 klms on it and a K7 Gixer both of these were harder to ride in the tight stuff than the XR the only place they beat it was flat out 200kph plus stuff bit more stable and less turbulence.

I am 61 now and not at all p#%*@d off I just bought this bike as the mates say glad you have crossed to the dark side

Offline grnmtvt

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Essex Junction
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 04:07:39 AM »
Congrats on the new bike!  You're right.....it's truly an amazing new concept in riding.....racing motor on an upright ride!
If the weather here wasn't staying in the 50's here I'd have put it away for the season by now but can't seem to stay off it.   :305:
Many people ride.....but for a select group of people it's more than a ride....it's one of life's great passions.

Offline Fast Tony

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Waltham Abbey
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 10:39:31 AM »
Being older (58) I am lucky enough to have seen the gradual improvement in most of the plastic crotch rockets over the years and this bike tops the lot. They all had a certain thing either good engine but didn't handle or handled well but was not as quick, this bike trumps everything in all departments. The last time I felt this way was 1983 when I first rode a GSXR 1100 slab side! That was my first "super bike" away from the Bonnevilles of this world. Just enjoy!   

Offline OzbimmerXR

• XR Member
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2015, 10:54:46 AM »
Has anyone fitted their dynamic pro chip and given it a try, would be interested how they handled without the rider aids on OEM tyres :084:

Offline johnboy1984

• XR Pro
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Belfast
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2015, 10:38:29 PM »
I have tye chip fitted but find dynamic mode more than enough... For normal fast road riding it's plenty.  Keeping the front end down in pro mode can be a bit mad sometimes lol

Offline fgdriver

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Red
  • Town: London
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2015, 06:02:10 PM »
 :0461:

Dynamic Pro just a touch too much rotation speed especially for UK's horrible surfaced roads and the poor weather.  Using road at the moment but if it stays above 10C i use dynamic and sod the gas milage.

S.
As Always Ride Safe.