Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New Helmet Shoei Neotec 2 or Schuberth C4 Pro  (Read 1042 times)

Offline Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
Re: New Helmet Shoei Neotec 2 or Schuberth C4 Pro
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2019, 04:57:51 PM »
 :745: :745: :745:
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline Mally

• XR Member
  • Town: Nr Milton Keynes
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2019, 05:54:42 AM »
*Originally Posted by Markymark11 [+]
here you go Mally - get a bit of gaffa tape ... :008: :008:

Gaffa tape isn't the issue, Mark, it's the length of the extension cable and finding  a socket that takes round pin plugs  :001:

Offline Markymark11

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2018 MotorSport
  • Town: Basingstoke
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2019, 07:45:52 AM »
 :020: :745:

Offline Doc

• XR Junior
  • Bike: 2019 S1000XR
  • Town: Beaverton
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2019, 12:30:33 AM »
I have the original GT-Air which is basically the full face version of the Neotec.  I love both original versions and am dissapointed in the Neotec II and GT-Air II.  Some things to consider I think many people overlook on the new versions.   

1. You are basically forced to use the Sena integrated kit with the way they designed it for the new helmet.  Both sides barely have room if you decide a Sena is not for you with the  way the new helmet is setup. The SRL version that integrates into the helmet does not have Mesh and you also cannot charge it while in use and riding.  Something to consider if you do long days on the road and also ride in large groups where you would need Mesh.
2. The D-Ring is gone and you now have the micro ratchet closure on the helmet.  This is sweet and not a big deal if you only have an XR(no helmet lock) but if you have another bike with a helmet lock that you use all the time you no longer have the D-Rings to use your helmet lock.

Still an awesome helmet if you are fine with not being able to use a helmet lock and fine with basically being locked into that Sena Integrated kit.
2019 S1000XR - Current
2003 SV1000 - Sold | 2014 DRZ400SM - Sold
2003 SV1000SF - Sold | 2010 Z1000 - Sold
2013 Ninja 650r - Sold | 1999 ZX6R - Sold

Offline Bob C

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000 XR
  • Town: North Bay
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2019, 03:07:13 AM »
*Originally Posted by KSW [+]
Looking to purchase either the Shoei Neotec 2 or the Schuberth C4 Pro, also the Sena intercom systems to fit either of these Helmets. Tried the Schuberth in different sizes and it’s a very nice helmet ,yet to try the Shoei but based on numerous reviews the Shoei seems to be a quality helmet.
Any one on here got either of these  helmets any positive or negative comments would be appreciated.

I have a Neotec 2, I have used Shoei for the last 3 helmets. This helmet is the quietest I have worn, very comfortable ( big bean) Function of the open face works very well, nice darkened half visor. I also have installed a cardo packtalk, has worked well, used the built in wire channels, speakers fit in the openings provided. Nice piece of gear!

Bob C

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Worcester, UK
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2019, 04:44:19 PM »
*Originally Posted by Markymark11 [+]
Just my opinions with my shaped head.  :002: I bought 2 Schuberth's - both went back, one had a dodgy visor which wouldn't shut and the other was uncomfortable and dug in the forehead from the word go - they were the C3 pro and the C4. The biggest issue however was that they both made my head vibrate and buffet with the standard screen. I also don't think the quality is as good as people make out. To me they also felt "bulbous" and felt like they had a narrow visor.

I have a Neotec version 1 which I use occasionally. No buffeting and very comfortable but I find that mists up too quickly. The front vent is not good enough but the top ventilation is brilliant. However when fully open makes the helmet noisy with a lot of wind noise. Not tried the version 2.  My modular of choice is the HJC RPHA 90 - better than any other I have tried IMO and cheaper as well. (AGV Shark etc don't fit my head shape - think Qausimodo  :008:).

I use the pin lock with my Neotec, ride all year and doesn't mist up as long as the chin vent is open  :305:
PSH

Offline Mcfly

• XR Junior
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
  • Town: Melbourne FL
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2019, 02:27:42 AM »
Get what fits yer heed.

I've worn Shoei for the last 10 years, but never a modular.  Always a full face.
So I'd recommend a Shoei....  RF1200.   Most important...  get what fits.

Offline Bree

• XR God
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2019, 10:33:06 PM »
Yep as above. Head shape and size can And will determine how well a Helmet suites each rider. I have finally found the perfect fit for me and its an X-lite full carbon. Great comfort and acceptable noise levels...............................:041:
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Online Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2019, 07:30:55 AM »
Had various custom fitted Arai’s since 96 fogging solution was sorted with Arai’s rain visor my supplier..... gets paid to wear something else and I found Bob Heaths anti fog visor does exactly the same job for £28 only down side they only do a limited model range in anti fog.

Offline mark2465

• XR Junior
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: lincoln
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2019, 08:47:09 AM »
I bought the X-Lite carbon modular 1004 red/white/black.
 Beautiful quality, but their sizes are quite tight fitting, so not worn still in box. Choice was between Shoes Neo 2 or Schuberth C4 Pro carbon.
I liked the Pro 4 intercom system so gone for that! plus it is on par with the Shoei.
Incidentally, Anyone interested in buying the X-Lite carbon let me know. Its XXL size, but like a XL sizes come up tight fitting.
Beautiful quality never used still in box.
Be back in UK on Dec 18th if anyone wants to buy it?
mark... :158:
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 09:19:19 AM by mark2465 »

dysfunctional