Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Just arrived  (Read 2386 times)

Offline Blackbird165

• XR Junior
  • Bike: Bmw s1000 xr
  • Town: Windsor
Just arrived
« on: December 14, 2015, 08:52:39 PM »
Hi guys, just arrived on what looks like an extremely professional site. I would also assume that most of you like me are middle aged lads who have ridden uncomfortable sports bikes for years but now require something more relaxing. That's what I thought until 2 weeks ago when I purchased the most crazy frog looking Bmw I have ever ridden!!

Anyway I live in Windsor spend most of the time riding to London and have had bikes for over 20 years. Always up for a ride out and to meet like minded people. I look forward to exploring the forums. Bye for now, Dougie

Offline fgdriver

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Red
  • Town: London
Re: Just arrived
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 09:26:46 PM »
 :400:

Not been on MotorBikes for that long but a lifelong devotee of the type without engine and loving gravity but not too much on the way up.
In Ealing and pass by your neck of the woods often usually on way to Swinley Forest, closes trail with a jump park.
Love the bike, buzz is bearable just dont ride at 70 do either 75 or 65 won't be a problem.  or a little faster if it ticks the box  :016:
Would recommend heavy bar ends they help a lot.

S.
As Always Ride Safe.

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Surrey
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 09:38:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by fgdriver [+]
:400:

Not been on MotorBikes for that long but a lifelong devotee of the type without engine and loving gravity but not too much on the way up.
In Ealing and pass by your neck of the woods often usually on way to Swinley Forest, closes trail with a jump park.
Love the bike, buzz is bearable just dont ride at 70 do either 75 or 65 won't be a problem.  or a little faster if it ticks the box  :016:
Would recommend heavy bar ends they help a lot.

S.

I used to go to swinley forest on my mountain bike all the time, but last time I went a couple of months ago, most of the trees had gone. Any ideas why?

Offline fgdriver

• XR Pro
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 09:45:58 PM »
Not too sure Rich but i think it has to do with keeping the areas separate so they don't loose it all in a fire al la 2011.

S.
As Always Ride Safe.

Offline fgdriver

• XR Pro
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 09:50:22 PM »
Have not been down for 2 months myself last stint was at Merthyr {Bike Park Wales} Enduro'ed the main hill twice but then resorted to the Transit 3 times Love the new Terry's Belly you can really pick up speed on the middle section just watch the washout on the bern top ahem he says looking very muddy.

S.
As Always Ride Safe.