Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Bar ends  (Read 8838 times)

Offline silver fox

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Nantwich
Bar ends
« on: December 15, 2015, 04:31:09 PM »
Have just fitted Evotech handlebar end weights, as I was getting a bit tired of the vibration i was experiencing. Wow, what a difference these make, vibration now 99.5% eliminated and what is left is only what I would expect from a high performance in line 4 anyway. Well worth the investment, good quality and doodle to fit.

Offline damodici

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport
  • Town: Nottingham
Re: Bar ends
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 06:35:23 PM »
*Originally Posted by silver fox [+]
Have just fitted Evotech handlebar end weights, as I was getting a bit tired of the vibration i was experiencing. Wow, what a difference these make, vibration now 99.5% eliminated and what is left is only what I would expect from a high performance in line 4 anyway. Well worth the investment, good quality and doodle to fit.

Funny you should mention these as I was just asking a chap on the 'other forum' why he didn't like his.

I think they look like a well made product, they certainly seem to suggest they're heavy enough.

Do they stick out far as they're two parts aren't they?

Offline Muifke

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Echt (Holland)
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 07:15:47 PM »
Hello Damodici,
this is the thread a reffered to.
I also like the Evotech's, but now a little confused because the one says they are not good and this poster mentions a 99,5% improvement :-D

Offline silver fox

• XR Junior
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 07:45:40 AM »
Can only speak as I find, they are very well made, fit perfectly and don't stick out any further than the original ones, that I can see, and they do reduce the vibration to next to nothing, which makes ridding much more comfortable between 4,000 - 5,500 RPM which is where I would get the vibration. On a negative point, they don't stop you not being able to see in the mirrors at these revs!

Offline damodici

• XR Pro
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2015, 07:57:33 AM »
*Originally Posted by silver fox [+]
Can only speak as I find, they are very well made, fit perfectly and don't stick out any further than the original ones, that I can see, and they do reduce the vibration to next to nothing, which makes ridding much more comfortable between 4,000 - 5,500 RPM which is where I would get the vibration. On a negative point, they don't stop you not being able to see in the mirrors at these revs!

Is there any chance you could post a couple of pictures of them fitted?

Offline silver fox

• XR Junior
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2015, 07:59:04 AM »
Give me till the weekend and will do it then

Offline damodici

• XR Pro
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2015, 08:10:31 AM »
Cheers

Offline Muifke

• XR Member
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2015, 08:56:59 AM »
I believe they come in 2 parts.

1 part fits between handlebar and handguard.
1 part is mounted outside the handguard.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Offline silver fox

• XR Junior
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2015, 09:13:07 AM »
They do come in two parts, I fitted the two parts together and then placed the hand guard on the outside, as per the standard fitting, it did not push the hand guard out much further than original and there is no bending or twisting of the hand guard, all looks as standard in my opinion, but does virtually eliminate the vibration. I did ask my son to try, just to make sure that i was right, and he agreed it did make a big difference. Well worth the £45 investment.

Offline Muifke

• XR Member
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2015, 12:01:31 PM »
Ah tnx.....i guess they can be fitted two ways then.
I saw this picture at the site of Evotech ;)