Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Meeting the Baron  (Read 2893 times)

Offline Blackbird165

• XR Junior
  • Bike: Bmw s1000 xr
  • Town: Windsor
Meeting the Baron
« on: December 15, 2015, 06:30:08 PM »
After a day at Bahnstormer in Maidenhead last week, I briefly met Baron Von Grumble...he is popping in to meet me and the gang tomorrow in London, can't wait, legend. Must ask him his real opinion on the XR!

Offline grnmtvt

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Essex Junction
Re: Meeting the Baron
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 03:56:49 AM »
Take a look at his online videos on the XR.  He seemed quite impressed by the ride at the time he filmed them.   :028:
Many people ride.....but for a select group of people it's more than a ride....it's one of life's great passions.

Offline bagwafu

• XR Pro
  • Town: South Central
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 02:31:08 PM »
I watched him do a track day at Odiham on Bahnstormers' demo XR (the one he made a video about) - and then spoke to him afterwards about it - he appeared to love it.  I think if he hadnt just bought a GSA he might have been tempted to get one. 
S1000XR SE Sport

Offline grnmtvt

• XR Pro
  • Town: Essex Junction
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 03:55:42 AM »
Yeah, in the one he did prior to the track day video he was absolutely giggling with abandon through most of the ride.  He did a first rate ride evaluation during the filming.
He had nothing but good things to say about the bike at the time.  Had me cracking up just listening to him!
Many people ride.....but for a select group of people it's more than a ride....it's one of life's great passions.

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Surrey
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2015, 07:42:27 AM »
I've met him a few times. He's boring. :008: