Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: XR lignes and pattern  (Read 3315 times)

Offline Marc-f

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000 RR/R/XR
  • Town: Geneva
XR lignes and pattern
« on: December 15, 2015, 08:23:38 PM »
Hello,

As i installed a HID kit over the weekend I noticed that it was rather difficult to get the bulbs seated properly in place : it required quite a bit of wiggling - even though I used the manual's procedure that requires that the top "tab" in first - and visual inspection to get the bulbs centered and parallel to the smaller bulbs - by the way, I experienced the same with regular Philips H7 extreme visions I used before. Wrong position throws the light pattern off significantly.

I then went to set the hights. I first used a paper table cloth hung vertically to have an idea of both lights patterns and found that the normal beam is quite traditional (centered but higher on the right side (European ) while the high beam is off axe to the left by "quite a bit" (did not measure the distances but lights approx 2.5 m from sheet and off axis probably around 7 cm).

As you know, there doesn't seem to be any horizontal adjustment (the user manual,says as much).

Have any of you come upon this or is it just me / reflector possible issue ?

Cheers

Marc
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 08:26:44 PM by Marc-f »

Offline Fast Tony

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Waltham Abbey
Re: XR lignes and pattern
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 12:30:23 PM »
On an MOT beam setter the headlamp does not alter more than a couple of degrees no matter how much you weigh or compress the forks. Table cloths and trouser legs are not the way to set up your lamps, any decent test station will happily oblige. It only takes a few minutes. :062: 

Offline Marc-f

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000 RR/R/XR
  • Town: Geneva
Re: XR lignes and pattern
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 05:41:59 PM »
Yes indeed I know that - there is a setting process in the reprom cd.

The question is about the horizontal off axis difference between the normal and high beam centers (no such thing with with thenk1390r, f800r, s1000r).
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 05:44:25 PM by Marc-f »

dysfunctional