Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Ilmberger Carbon  (Read 477 times)

Online Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
Ilmberger Carbon
« on: November 08, 2019, 07:44:19 PM »
With the new model just around the corner hopefully plenty will bail on the current model so anyone with Ilmberger tank filler surround,front beak,and front fairing infills PM me.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 07:44:56 PM by Winger »

Online smithy

• XR God
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
Re: Ilmberger Carbon
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 09:16:02 PM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
With the new model just around the corner hopefully plenty will bail on the current model so anyone with Ilmberger tank filler surround,front beak,and front fairing infills PM me.

I've got a lot of Ilmberger stuff on my bike....but not sure l'll upgrade in the near future though. :027:

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Online serge1966

• XR Pro
  • It's all good...
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Melbourne
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 12:50:05 AM »
*Originally Posted by smithy [+]
I've got a lot of Ilmberger stuff on my bike....but not sure l'll upgrade in the near future though. :027:

Smithy.
I'm with you there Smithy... my 2017 is getting better as time and kms go by (currently 23,000)  :305:
Did contemplate an "upgrade" in 2021/22 after the initial nigglys would get addressed on the new model, but not enough improvements IMO to warrant an upgrade... and parting with another wad of hard earned $$$...  :005:
Life always offers you a second chance... it's called "Tomorrow"...

Online smithy

• XR God
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2019, 10:19:19 PM »
*Originally Posted by serge1966 [+]
I'm with you there Smithy... my 2017 is getting better as time and kms go by (currently 23,000)  :305:

Yep, not long passed 23k myself....bike is running exceptionally well and no niggling issues....if it ain't broke etc...! :001:

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Online Winger

• XR God
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 04:00:46 PM »
Just need the front beak now  :002:

Online smithy

• XR God
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2019, 11:30:45 PM »

Online Winger

• XR God
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2019, 10:05:38 AM »
Yep that’s the one  :001: as it looks like I’m going to end up with a mishmash of Carbon what ever comes....

Offline jakebake

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: warwick
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2019, 06:20:06 PM »
*Originally Posted by serge1966 [+]
Did contemplate an "upgrade" in 2021/22 after the initial nigglys would get addressed on the new model, but not enough improvements IMO to warrant an upgrade... and parting with another wad of hard earned $$$...  :005:
I agree , mines on 23k and so smooooooooooooth especially at hi revs on the motorway. With options you are probably looking at another £10k with part ex for the new model . Just give the current XR accessory treats each month  :001:and spend £380 on bmw motorrad approved warranty for peace of mind and wait 18 months to see how the new xr turns out and possible future shift cam

Online smithy

• XR God
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2019, 05:52:06 AM »
*Originally Posted by jakebake [+]
Just give the current XR accessory treats each month  :001:and spend £380 on bmw motorrad approved warranty for peace of mind and wait 18 months to see how the new xr turns out and possible future shift cam

Don't think the XR will ever get the "shift cam" engine....it only cuts in at 9k rpm+ on the RR....although they could easily change this in a software change and chage the cam profile to suit. The XR is all about upper mid-range grunt, which it seems to have plenty of IMHO....My mates on their RR can't get away from my XR until they get up to ~10k rpm+.....in the slower twisty corners etc...the XR has them by the goolies as the RR's just lack any real bottom end to speak of. You'd think they would just kick away out of a corner with ~30-35kg less to lug around but we've found them lacking unless kept on the boil and above 9k rpm-ish..... The XR is happy from ~6k rpm, but the RR will walk away easily when they get up in their "power band"
With the RB-Evo and headers my XR just gets up and goes from way down in the rpm range.....very satisfying indeed.

Smithy.