Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: XR Now gone  (Read 733 times)

Offline Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
XR Now gone
« on: November 10, 2019, 01:10:24 PM »
Well having had a great offer ( Private Sale ) on my loverly XR. I have sold it, as it would not have been used over the winter months this offer came at just the right time.
My Thinking is lots of riders will be parting with their present XRs when the New bike appears on the scene. ( You know that plenty will not be happy unless they have the newest machine on offer ) so I will be looking out for a later old model bike with all of the bells & whistles already fitted some time next year or even into 2021 if need be...............Looking forward to seeing the new model in the flesh...........................................................................:041:
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Online gusthemus

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Melbourne
Re: XR Now gone
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 02:26:10 AM »
How are you feeling about it? I’m just checking out a bike to buy tomorrow.

Offline smithy

• XR God
  • Town: Brisvegas.
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 02:47:36 AM »
*Originally Posted by gusthemus [+]
How are you feeling about it?

In regards to what..??

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Online gusthemus

• XR Member
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 03:05:13 AM »
*Originally Posted by smithy [+]
In regards to what..??

Smithy.
Being without an XR. I can only imagine it must be a somewhat sad day.

Offline Bree

• XR God
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 09:17:49 AM »
How are you feeling about it? I’m just checking out a bike to buy tomorrow.

Well I would probably have started looking for a later model next year, and as I do not ride over the winter months anyway, the offer came at just the right time.
I do have other bikes to ride, but yes I will miss the XR as it still sits at the Top of my best bike league. So I will be replacing it at some time..................................:041:

Offline smithy

• XR God
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2019, 10:36:39 AM »
Being without an XR. I can only imagine it must be a somewhat sad day.

Ah...now I understand.....I'm a bit dim this morning..! :033: :012:

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline smithy

• XR God
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2019, 10:37:57 AM »
*Originally Posted by Bree [+]

Well I would probably have started looking for a later model next year, and as I do not ride over the winter months anyway, the offer came at just the right time.
I do have other bikes to ride, but yes I will miss the XR as it still sits at the Top of my best bike league. So I will be replacing it at some time..................................:041:

I'm still in two minds whether to upgrade or not....will check the new machine out when it arrives at my local dealer.....

Smithy.

Offline Bree

• XR God
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2019, 12:45:43 PM »
*Originally Posted by smithy [+]
I'm still in two minds whether to upgrade or not....will check the new machine out when it arrives at my local dealer.....

Smithy.

Yep I am waiting to see one in the flesh................But I would not order a new one. I stopped buying new about five years ago as I am getting tight as I get older haha.
But in reality I decided that I can get a much better deal buying. If I look for a bike that's about 12 to 18 months old. The initial shocking depreciation has gone by then, and they already have a lot of the extras already fitted.
So that is my plan, to look whats around after the first wave of new model bikes have hit the street...........................:041:
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 07:33:33 PM by Bree »

Online gusthemus

• XR Member
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2019, 12:50:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by Bree [+]

Yep I am waiting to see one in the flesh................But I would not order a new one. I stopped buying new about five years ago as I am getting tight as I get older haha.
But in reality I decided that I can get a much better deal buying if I look for a bike that's about 12 to 18 months old. The initial shocking depreciation has gone by then, and they already have a lot of the extras already fitted.
So that is my plan, to look whats around after the first wave of new model bikes have hit the street...........................:041:

I totally agree. I’m trying to pickup a 2017 with low km and then will revisit it again in 2-3 years.

Online bazzer

• XR Master
  • Town: Waterlooville
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2019, 10:52:36 AM »
I am tempted to do this too Bree

Mine has a few miles on it but it kind of meets my needs, I would transfer all my kit over to a low miles newer one.