Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: F900XR  (Read 1127 times)

Online wessie

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2016 XR SE Sport
  • Town: Cheltenham
Re: F900XR
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2020, 10:42:48 AM »
*Originally Posted by Remo83 [+]
Well,

I seem to disagree about the point of the 900 machine.
The 1000 is like a drug addiction, asking you for more revs every time you drive it. It's mostly fun and great sounding in the higher revs.
The 900 looks about the same, but is a totally different animal. It sounds good at low revs and invites you to float around, but it stills packs enough of a punch to go fast if you want to.
During my test drive with it, I felt no need for speed and got totally relaxed driving it.
For commuting and light touring, it seems like a far better machine. Fast enough, plenty of options to keep most happy, priced reasonably and consumes a lot less fuel.
I'm seriously considering getting one as a second bike.

I agree. There is obviously a demand for these mid-range bikes. In years gone by we had the 600cc, inline 4 bikes from Japan. Sold in huge numbers but the riders of Fireblades & Gixxer Thous looked down on the riders. Nowadays, as the average rider age rises, people want upright bikes that are affordable but have adequate performance and touring ability. The F800 has been successful for BMW, as has the 800 triple for Triumph and 900 triples from Yamaha. As ever, we continue to have the snobbery from some riders who see themselves as superior just because they have more power in their motor. Enjoy your ride but don't criticise others for making different choices in what they ride.

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
Re: F900XR
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2020, 01:46:24 PM »
Went and collected a friends ‘20’ reg Kawasaki Ninja 650 last Friday in the van and these middle weights are great bits of kit,he’s put 7000 miles on his old one in the last 12 months and will no doubt do the same with this new one come March 1st,as for the age thing most certainly he’s 83 this year....