Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: NEC Show  (Read 2770 times)

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
NEC Show
« on: November 15, 2019, 04:25:26 PM »
For us lot it’s tomorrow with it opening at 9am for us locals gives us around 2 hours before it gets manic but just had an email as we’d pre booked tickets anyone with plans to go by train see it could be pretty chaotic because of the rail strike(Saturday)

Offline Winger

• XR God
Re: NEC Show
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019, 03:50:37 PM »
Well it was a grand day out in a 9am feel like we’ve walked a million miles and it was a great social day with friends who travelled afar and stayed with us last night.

Oh the new X/R.... it’s interesting he TFT screen really cleans the cock pit up and the new plastics certainly fill the hole that current one has between the top/bottom panels and the grey doesn’t look too bad in the flesh.

Offline gusthemus

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Melbourne
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2019, 03:55:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
Oh the new X/R.... it’s interesting he TFT screen really cleans the cock pit up and the new plastics certainly fill the hole that current one has between the top/bottom panels and the grey doesn’t look too bad in the flesh.

Good to know. I sort of figured the grey couldn't look that bad as it would be terrible for business.

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2019, 09:47:21 AM »
Strange how you think about things after but it felt slightly smaller as well but I think that’s just bodywork,not sure why they showed both bikes without the rear rack cuz it looks a bit odd but i’m Sure those that have a serious interest in the new bike will come along with loads more info.

Offline Goferbikes

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport
  • Town: Peterborough
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2019, 08:51:56 PM »
How long can this show survive? Seems fewer stands each year. Bought two pints of Amstel having taken a new mortgage to do so, but saw nothing to encourage me to spend. Can't see myself going next year to be honest.

Offline Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2019, 09:21:22 PM »
Made that decision last year. Will not go to any more at the NEC...
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

dysfunctional