Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: SCREENS  (Read 1650 times)

Online Watshot

• XR Member
  • Bike: XR Sp SE
Re: SCREENS
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2020, 03:53:04 PM »
I use an MRA Vario and at 5'11'' I'm not looking through it, even in the higher position with the spoiler up (which my passenger prefers) it's only just starting to notice when dropping your eyeline.

I don't think most are designed to be looked through at riding speeds, the transparency is more for safety when low speed maneuvering.

Offline Remo83

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR 3B
  • Town: Leuven
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2020, 07:13:44 PM »
*Originally Posted by peterwbaker1100 [+]
Thanks Remo, very useful!  If you have used both Ermax & Puig could you please comment the eyeline height across the top of the screen (without the vario addition).  Namely is the Puig or Ermax taller to look over when in the same position.  The Puig is longer than the Ermax but also looks about the same height from the mounting holes to the top - if that makes sense.  Thanks again, Peter

Hi,

The puig is definitely higher, about 3-4 cm (1.5”).

All the best,

Remo

Offline jakebake

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: warwick
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2020, 07:26:00 PM »
6’1 and the MRA touring screen did not stop the buffeting. MRA will do a ‘custom size ‘screen for another £80 and I ordered another one 100mm higher and 75mm wider and bingo it it’s the sweet spot . Tried the puig and wundelich large and they made it worse. As mentioned before , what works for one person may not work for another but worth it in the end when you find the correct one

Offline peterwbaker1100

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR W/B/R
  • Town: Stoke-Sub-Hamdon
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2020, 07:49:31 PM »
Thanks for the comments, these help me, time to try a Puig, even sweeter http://pyramid-plastics.co.uk appear to have a 10% Valentine Sale!  Who said bikes aren't romantic!! Peter