Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Screens  (Read 4563 times)

Offline Pilotct

• XR Junior
  • Bike: 2018 S1000XR HP
  • Town: Madison
Re: Screens
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2020, 12:38:13 PM »
Thank you. Does anyone have a picture of a 2018 in HP colors with a standard MRA Vario smoke screen?

Offline 1Scr4tch3r0

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Sussex
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2020, 11:48:08 PM »
Fitted a Puig touring screen with visor today.  Have to say the bubble of calm is amazing. Huge difference to what the stock screen offered.  Kudos to Remo83 for advice on this. It is a brilliant screen.
I do have a question though to anyone that has this same set up  The visor arrived with pre drilled fixing holes on 160mm centres, however the screen arrived with pre-drilled holes on 210mm centres??
Although you can assemble the visor to the screen the geometry and acute angle of the adjusting brackets make it impossible to adjust the visor.  It’s locked in the neutral position.  Looking at many other pictures of this screen with visor, the hole centres of the visor and screen appear to be very similar. Mine definitely are not.
If anyone has this set up I’d appreciate your comments and advice.

Offline Kurvenjaeger

• XR Junior
  • Bike: '18 S1000XR
  • Town: Salinas, NorCal
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2020, 12:39:07 AM »
I'm 6'4" and found out the MRA KBA 90512 works best IF angled back by using two pair of bolts as shims for the lower mounting screws, one pair underneath the bracket and one pair underneath the windshield.

I tried the Puig touring windscreen and National Medium Vstream and did not like them. Too big, too much turbulence.
01' Honda CBR600 F4i; '07 BMW K1200s; '18 BMW S1000XR

Online Remo83

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR 3B
  • Town: Leuven
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2020, 02:55:49 PM »
*Originally Posted by 1Scr4tch3r0 [+]

I do have a question though to anyone that has this same set up  The visor arrived with pre drilled fixing holes on 160mm centres, however the screen arrived with pre-drilled holes on 210mm centres??
If anyone has this set up I’d appreciate your comments and advice.

Hi 1Scr4tch3r0,

I'll check my Puig with visor and get back to you asap.
Am on the road currently, but should be able to give you the information tonight.

All the best,

Remo

Offline peterwbaker1100

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR W/B/R
  • Town: Stoke-Sub-Hamdon
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2020, 04:57:01 PM »
Just found the perfect screen for me at least.  Stock screen made me look like a "nodding dog" at motorway speeds with the buffeting!   Many people recommended the Puig Touring screen so tried that first - left of photo - it is a good screen, well made and provides lots of protection.  However I found the top of the screen was often in my eyeline when riding country roads and especially where there was elevation...  Plan B was an Ermax Touring Screen  - right of photo - which is essentially about an inch shorter.  Been out today, good protection at motorway speeds and definitely not so much in my eyeline, so for me at 6' 2" regular build this looks like the one...  Hope that helps, Peter

Offline 1Scr4tch3r0

• XR Junior
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2020, 09:42:16 AM »
*Originally Posted by Remo83 [+]
Hi 1Scr4tch3r0,

I'll check my Puig with visor and get back to you asap.
Am on the road currently, but should be able to give you the information tonight.

All the best,

Remo

Thanks Remo,
That would be much appreciated.  The geometry of my set up will definitely not allow any adjustment.  I'd post a pic if I knew how?? :006:
Scr4tch3r

Online Remo83

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR 3B
  • Town: Leuven
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2020, 11:17:55 AM »
Hi,

I think they shipped you the wrong visor (21 cm is correct):

If you want to use pix yourself, check out this link:

https://photos.s1000xr.uk/page/how-to-upload

All the best,

Remo

Offline 1Scr4tch3r0

• XR Junior
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2020, 01:01:17 PM »
Thanks Remo,

As i suspected. I believe the visor I was sent is for the smaller stock OEM screen.   Back to the Vendor!!  :192:

As you can see the one I received is much smaller.

Its surprising it worked as well as it did in its locked position.

Thanks
Scr4tch3r

dysfunctional