Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Givi vs SW Motech Tank Bag?  (Read 853 times)

Offline Wonger

• XR Pro
  • Bike: '18 S1000XR
  • Town: Fayetteville, GA
Re: Givi vs SW Motech Tank Bag?
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2020, 04:43:40 PM »
I've been using the SW Motech Daypack on multiple bikes for close to three years now. Works perfectly and looks good too. I don't need the clear window on top, as any electronic device just gets cooked in the sunlight.

Offline bazzer

• XR Master
  • Town: Waterlooville
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2020, 09:25:14 AM »
I have had both, I switched to the SW Motech when I bought the BMW as at the time they didnt do a tanklok adaptor for the BMW.

They are both great, SW Motech does allow for a powered ring which is good.

If an electric ring is not needed :-) I would say just go with what ever bag you think is the right size or has the features you wan't. If not SW Motech.

Online RyanGTXR

• XR Pro
  • Bike: KTM 1290 GT
  • Town: Notts
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2020, 05:27:54 PM »

Offline smithy

• XR God
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2020, 07:54:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by RyanGTXR [+]

I see lots of eBay "Mistakes"...there's a clown selling "Cruise Controls" for the XR....when I asked him how many he's sold considering the bike comes comes from the factory with a decent cruise control.... he said..."I've sold heaps" ....methinks not.
I might ask the clown in your link what the magnets are supposed to stick to..? :084:

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2020, 08:02:07 PM »
I know it says Givi or SW but I/we have used Bagster for years quite miffed that they do not do such for my KTM and had to buy other....

Offline klong

• XR Junior
  • Bike: 2018 XR
  • Town: Port St Lucie
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2020, 07:22:27 PM »
Thanks everyone - I finally ordered a SW Motech City EVO tankbag - should be here in a few days.

KevinL