Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Best Europe Twisty road trip?  (Read 2054 times)

Offline layne87

• XR Junior
  • Bike: 2016 s1000xr
  • Town: crossville
Re: Best Europe Twisty road trip?
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2020, 08:13:51 PM »
Thanks again folks for great ideas and links!

Preferences
- May would be my preferred month...hopefully to beat the crowded tourist roads...mountain passes clear?
- I ride an XR like yall..so I have to admit I like a little aggressive ride within a realistic safe speed...cornering more than straight roads (thailand was great for this as no speed traps..aggressive driving is the norm there.)..school zones were highly respected ..never witnessed road rage there.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 10:11:39 PM by layne87 »

Online wessie

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2016 XR SE Sport
  • Town: Cheltenham
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2020, 09:22:01 PM »
*Originally Posted by layne87 [+]

Preferences
- May would be my preferred month...hopefully to beat the crowded tourist roads...mountain passes clear?
- I ride an XR like yall..so I have to admit I like a little aggressive ride within a realistic safe speed...cornering more than straight roads (thailand was great for this as no speed traps..aggressive driving is the norm there.)..school zones were highly respected ..never witnessed road rage there.
- would not mind passing through a "fun" city every so often..Im over 50 and single....carefully worded hopefully. :455:

Many of the passes over 2000m will not be open until the 2nd half of June, especially the higher French & Swiss Alps. Even then you could be riding between 2 high walls of snow. You can still have great fun in May as places like the Vosges, Jura, Black Forest, Italian Dolomites and much of Bavaria and Austria will be open.

Offline Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2020, 04:30:44 PM »
*Originally Posted by layne87 [+]

Preferences
Picos go any time tourists are very few and far between any time during the summer month's. You will love it.................
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Online bazzer

• XR Master
  • Town: Waterlooville
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2020, 07:16:47 AM »
Lots of good options on here.

As Bree says Picos is great, if a touch small for a week. Pyrenees are amazing, can't go too far wrong just following the N260.

But if you have the time the passes around Andermatt are not only iconic but brilliant too. Though you do have to watch your speed a bit in Switzerland. Also the Dolomite's are just stunning too.

From Val D'Isere down to the Gorge du Verdon, is a classic too.

For an off the wall option I can also recommend Corsica and Sardinia.

So many amazing places to go, so little time :-)

dysfunctional