Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: GPS Kit and "Harness"  (Read 1383 times)

Offline mcconnac

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Stafford
Re: GPS Kit and "Harness"
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2020, 01:52:44 PM »
 :001: not an option in the UK I'm afraid Smithy

Online Mareng1

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Scotland
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2020, 11:58:36 AM »
*Originally Posted by mcconnac [+]
:046: cheers Markymark11,  all done and working after wd40. Think it was that the bracket is quite a tight fit in the bmw nav holder and might not have been 'clicked' fully home.   Now its just how to keep the phone waterproof
Regards

Never mounted a phone on my bike, but when the sat-nav is mounted atop the instruments, behind the screen - it barely gets any water on it! 

Try a condom (obviously- not ribbed  :007: )

Online Westers151

• XR Member
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2020, 07:13:36 PM »
Have a look at ultimateaddons.com. They do a wide range of waterproof cases, some of which are specific to Samsung/iPhone models, whilst they have a "universal" case that fits other phones (up to a certain size). The difference between the universal and model specific adapters is the placement of buttons to control things like volume and power. The model specific cases have buttons on the case to match the phone, whereas the universal one doesn't have these.

The cases also have a waterproof power cable entrance, so you can charge on the go, and they also have a range of adapters so you can fit the case to a ram mount adapter to mount onto your satnav bar; you'll need the ram mount that fits up to half inch (the satnav mount bar on my 2018 bike measures at 12.7mm on my calipers.

Offline mcconnac

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Stafford
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2020, 08:02:44 PM »
Cheers Wester151,  had a look and they'd be too big to fit into the kkmoon phone adapter. [Look like good pieces of kit though, a mate uses similar on his MT07). 
Looks like being a plastic zippy bag (rather than Mareng1's condom idea, ribbed or otherwise  :038:, would raise too many questions with the missus!). Phones already in a hefty "Tough Armor" case and it'll only get rained on when stopped.

Thanks for input
Cheers

Online Westers151

• XR Member
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2020, 08:11:18 PM »
Yeah, they are good - I have one and used it a few times, although I now have a Tom Tom Rider so don't use it so much any more.

Offline Markymark11

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2018 MotorSport
  • Town: Basingstoke
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2020, 10:52:19 PM »
Quadlock do a "poncho" for most phones -  I tried ultimate addons and it was all too fidly so I have a quadlock mirror mount and use a quadlock case and poncho when my Galaxy S9 is on that. Otherwise I use the mobile adapter as per the op's discussion if the weather is good and the Nav 6 can't find it ...as per any hotel in the pico's    :008:

Online Westers151

• XR Member
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2020, 06:28:43 PM »
I didn't find Ultimate Addons fiddly at all - a bit of technique to clip it on and off, but simple to use. Each to their own though  :002: