Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Has Anyone Ordered a New 2020 XR Yet??  (Read 5389 times)

Offline esso_sa

• XR Member
  • Town: Sarajevo
Re: Has Anyone Ordered a New 2020 XR Yet??
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2020, 12:21:02 PM »
*Originally Posted by Remo83 [+]
Hi esso_sa,

for a large investment like that, I'd happily drive over to the nearest dealer in Germany where you can see a new model live. That will cost you a lot less than having to sell off an almost brand new bike.
To each his own, but I'd never buy a vehicle without a test drive  :821:.

Wishing you all the best,

Remo

Too late ! Just ordered it  :001:
Let's hope that I will be able to reach the ground when I sit on it  :001:

Offline Remo83

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR 3B
  • Town: Leuven
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2020, 12:42:16 PM »
*Originally Posted by esso_sa [+]
Too late ! Just ordered it  :001:
Let's hope that I will be able to reach the ground when I sit on it  :001:

Well, I hope the new bike will outperform all your expectations  :063:.

All the best,

Remo

Offline esso_sa

• XR Member
  • Town: Sarajevo
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2020, 03:47:09 PM »
*Originally Posted by Remo83 [+]
Well, I hope the new bike will outperform all your expectations  :063:.

All the best,

Remo

I hope so too. Thanks  :063:

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Few things in life are as perfect as my XR.
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Worcester, UK
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2020, 06:29:30 PM »
Still waiting to hear what deals on new bikes have been done so we know what to aim for or beat  :305: :211:
PSH

Offline Yamahavmax1700carbon

• XR Member
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2020, 11:33:20 AM »
I’d like some info on how people find the XR for cruising at 70 and 80mph is it quiet and relaxed as I’ve heard the engine sounds like it’s revving quite high? I maybe thinking about buying the old model as BMW keep pissing about with the prices and it’s getting bloody expensive once you pay for the red colour and add tyre pressure warning to the TE model - £16500 seems a joke and I know they increased the price by £600 recently

Offline Markymark11

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2018 MotorSport
  • Town: Basingstoke
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2020, 01:23:15 PM »
I do lots of motorway miles and don't even notice the engine at 80mph (I probably did for the first week or two but that's it). All I know is that if I need to nip past someone when I am already doing 80 then I can, easier than with almost any other bike before. I get why people keep on about the revs, after all whatever bike it is they will find something to worry about, but in the real world it doesn't affect you and just means you are always ready to go in any gear.

Admittedly I would like a few extra miles to a tank full, but it gives me a reason to stretch my legs. With all the current deals just get a 2019  with panniers and a Nav 6 and tons of other accessories and still have change from a 2020. ....and a better looking bike IMO.  :002:

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2020, 02:44:09 PM »
First things first with a brand spanker on eBay at £13,500 what’s not to like apart from the PCP rent boys,has to be the way to go unless having the latest wiz bang is so important with the new model which you can be sure you will be paying top dollar for at least the next 12 months.

Re the manic motor... if the X/R is your only bike then you will adjust with 6 bikes on the go when I ride my X/R it’s with a new open mind every time and got be the only bike I have ever owned which at 60mph feels like it’s doing 120 but it what it is and you either like it or don’t,the complete opposite has to be the KTMGT which doesn’t like 6th gear much under 80 and can equally be the marmite choice.

Ironically been out today on our old 1100s which we have owned for over 20 years going to a Wednesday bike meet and whistling along the M6 at 90+ and thinking why the hell do I/we anything better  :187:

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Few things in life are as perfect as my XR.
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Worcester, UK
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2020, 03:49:01 PM »
*Originally Posted by Yamahavmax1700carbon [+]
I’d like some info on how people find the XR for cruising at 70 and 80mph is it quiet and relaxed as I’ve heard the engine sounds like it’s revving quite high? I maybe thinking about buying the old model as BMW keep pissing about with the prices and it’s getting bloody expensive once you pay for the red colour and add tyre pressure warning to the TE model - £16500 seems a joke and I know they increased the price by £600 recently

Yes BMW are edging up the price and trying it on. It is much more expensive than the outgoing model. Dont buy it and wait for the price to go down and a better choice of colours. Charging and extra £320 for the red TE option, and not charging anything for that colour for the basic version, and £200 for the lithium battery which was previously included as standard for the TE is just taking the piss. And then you have to fork out even more for new panniers and top box. I was going to buy a new bike but not at that sort of price :232: :305: I dont like being ripped off.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 03:51:54 PM by PaulS1000XR »
PSH

Offline Yamahavmax1700carbon

• XR Member
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2020, 05:21:39 PM »
ive been in negotiation with my dealer who has offered me a reasonable deal (not brilliant as new bike) my question is would it be worth paying £475 for headlight Pro ???????
Im trying to spec the bike and this seems a lot of money and i also would like to know how the adaptive lights work as ive seen press footage showing an extra light coming on in the corner of the headlight which is not true "adaptive" as i thought the main LED would move left and right????

Offline jakebake

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: warwick
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2020, 06:53:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by Yamahavmax1700carbon [+]
Its was never really much of a problem, but 100% it gets smoother as the mileage goes up. Mine has 23k and simply sings now at 80mph and is an enjoyable soundtrack