Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Brake Pedal Extender  (Read 131 times)

Offline cymarcbikeparts

• Approved Vendor
  • XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: SCUNTHORPE
Brake Pedal Extender
« on: January 13, 2020, 04:03:50 PM »
This is for the number of people we've had email us to say that for various reasons they find the stock brake pedal leaver on the XR a bit too small for them, and could we perhaps look into coming up with some sort of riser or Extender?

We received a number of emails just like this, so we put our heads together and come up with what we think is a perfect solution!

It is 3D printed in house from very tough ABS material so we have been able to keep our costs down, so we have been able to pass those savings on to you! These pedal extenders are already selling, so it appears there definitely was a need for us to come up with our own version of a pedal riser for you guys :028:

And remember, as with all of our products, being a member of this forum, you get our special discount code which will give you a 10% discount off of the RRP of all of our S1000XR products!

Discount code: S1000XR10

https://www.cymarcbikeparts.co.uk/s1000xr-31-c.asp

https://www.cymarcbikeparts.co.uk/s1000xr-brake-pedal-extension-plate-1109-p.asp

Please let me know what you think, I am very happy to answer any questions.

Thank you for reading,
Very kind regards,
Mike - Senior Administrator, Cymarc Bike Parts

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
Re: Brake Pedal Extender
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 05:15:12 PM »
I’m more than happy with my rear brake lever but a sidestand extender/puck made the same way in the same material would certainly be of interest.

Offline cymarcbikeparts

• Approved Vendor
  • XR Member
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 02:01:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
I’m more than happy with my rear brake lever but a sidestand extender/puck made the same way in the same material would certainly be of interest.

Okay fella no problem. Re your side stand, we do actually make a side stand extender for the XR, very sturdily made from packers of 6mm Aluminium. Would this be something that would possibly fit your requirements?...

If you are interested, please check out the website on the links below, and keep in mind that if you decide to purchase any of our S1000XR accessories, you automatically qualify for our forum members discount (code above in the first post) :028:

https://www.cymarcbikeparts.co.uk/s1000xr-31-c.asp

https://www.cymarcbikeparts.co.uk/s1000xr-side-stand-extension-plate-188-p.asp

Cheers,
Mike.

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2020, 03:20:27 PM »
I was thinking more along the lines of now you have the ability to 3D print,a solid block made of the same material as your brake extender would have more of a sophisticated look for a sidestand extender like so.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 03:33:48 PM by Winger »

Offline cymarcbikeparts

• Approved Vendor
  • XR Member
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 03:52:43 PM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
I was thinking more along the lines of now you have the ability to 3D print,a solid block made of the same material as your brake extender would have more of a sophisticated look for a sidestand extender like so.

Yes I see. The only problem with that would be the weight of the bike would chew the ABS material relatively quickly until the piece failed, and that's something we can't the risk of. But the Aluminium one we make is quite popular, and they're even available from Nippy Normans too.