Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: cardo - nav6  (Read 2917 times)

Offline Shawry

• XR Member
  • Town: Mkt Harborough
cardo - nav6
« on: January 14, 2020, 11:14:01 AM »
Hey guys,
I currently have a pro7sport autocom unit that allows me to hear my nav6, music and phone call's etc. the device is ok but aging and I need to look to replace a lead and possibly a headset so instead I have ordered a Cardo freedom 2+ which will also allow me to occasionally talk to my riding buddy.

My phone is currently paired to the navigator and I can play and control music with the handlebar wheel and take calls etc but with the cardo should I leave the phone paired with the nav and add the nav to the cardo or should I pair both the phone and nav to the cardo - will I lose the wheel option if the music (phone) isn't paired to the nav?

any help or ideas???
Cheers Ian

Offline jay4967

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
Re: cardo - nav6
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 09:14:33 PM »
Ian, I have the same Cardo as it seems more waterproof than Sena, is bloody good and found out after a 6K tour around alps this summer gone.
I have a NAV V, so in my case I have the Nav and phone connected to the Cardo as it has 2 channels on the headset and also the nav v doesn't let you connect the phone/music to it, hence why I got the cardo plus 2 as it has 2 channels. The music plays as normal though the headset and calls/nav directions fade in and cut the music off then once done with the call/nav directions the music fades back in where it left off. 
 I know of the Nav 6 so I would say if it works leave the phone connected to the Nav 6 and then to the headset so you can continue using the wheel as it'll be easier than using the headset controls especially with thick gloves! But if that fails and as for me I use the controls on the head set and after a while you get use to them and the voice control for calls is good as well. The Cardo online works well and the instructions with it. Hope that helps. Jay

Offline Shawry

• XR Member
  • Town: Mkt Harborough
Re: cardo - nav6
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 12:52:04 PM »
Thanks Jay,

I will probably follow your advice and leave the phone connected to the nav6 and then connect the nav to the cardo. just wondering if that means i am not able to use the cardo app as the phone will not be linked to the cardo.
but thanks again for the advice :)
Cheers Ian

dysfunctional