Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Clocks Unit Anti-Theft Brace  (Read 974 times)

Offline cymarcbikeparts

• Approved Vendor
  • XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: SCUNTHORPE
Clocks Unit Anti-Theft Brace
« on: February 12, 2020, 12:19:05 PM »
The theft of the clocks unit from the XR is still a problem all over the world, it has been ever since they first hit the road in 2015, as the factory security for them would be laughable if it weren't such a serious and expensive problem! Replacement clock units cost hundreds of pounds!

To give owners a fighting chance against theft of the clocks unit, we quickly came up with our anti-theft brace, which is a perfect solution that looks good, is easy to install, and it prevents the theft of your display clocks without the use of tools to first remove the brace!

This has proved popular around the world and we sell a lot of them, especially in the Satin Black powder coat!
You guys now have the benefit of your special forum members discount code to get one much cheaper than anyone else does!

And remember, as with all of our products, being a member of this forum, you get our special discount code which will give you a 10% discount off the RRP of all of our S1000XR products!

Discount code: S1000XR10

https://www.cymarcbikeparts.co.uk/s1000xr-31-c.asp

https://www.cymarcbikeparts.co.uk/s1000xr-clock-anti-tamper-device-in-black-powder-coating-184-p.asp

Please let me know what you think, I am very happy to answer any questions.

Cheers,
Mike.
Best regards,
Mike - Senior administrator, Cymarc Bike Parts
email - mick@cymarc.co.uk
Phone +44 7715 681911 Mon-Thurs 7-4, and Fri 7-1

Offline Andy W

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2020 S1000XR TE
Re: Clocks Unit Anti-Theft Brace
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2020, 11:07:53 AM »
Hi Mike,

Are there plans for a version to fit the 2020/21 model XR?

Cheers,
Andy

Online Macduff

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2020 S1000XR TE
  • Town: Nr Toon Town
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2020, 12:04:11 PM »
Put me on the list for a 2020 anti theft screen brace if they get off the ground  :0461:

Offline cymarcbikeparts

• Approved Vendor
  • XR Member
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2020, 12:16:44 PM »
*Originally Posted by Andy W [+]
Hi Mike,

Are there plans for a version to fit the 2020/21 model XR?

Cheers,
Andy
Hi Andy. We would certainly love to take a look into developing one for the Gen2 XR, but all year the bike has proved elusive to us, so we've not been able to get one to do any development work on. We do have some solid arrangements to get hold of one in the coming weeks, and as soon as we do we will let you all know.

Thank you for your keen interest :028:
Best regards,

Offline Wildchild

• XR Junior
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2020, 05:10:39 PM »
Hi Andy.  Interested in the black Clock guard, the Exhaust heel guard and the Exhaust hanger.  Quick question do you do the securing bolts and the left side blanking bolts  for the hanger in black rather than the silver as seen in the photos.  Regards
Glenn

Offline Fumes

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000Xr TE
  • Town: County Durham
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2020, 08:12:58 AM »
I want a exhaust hanger for my 2020, in aluminium..unpainted...as I've seen the paint peeling...due to heat?

Offline Crosshairs

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2018 S1000XR
  • Town: Oceanport
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2020, 03:11:54 PM »
people actually steal the clusters ?

Offline cymarcbikeparts

• Approved Vendor
  • XR Member
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2020, 01:15:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by Fumes [+]
I want a exhaust hanger for my 2020, in aluminium..unpainted...as I've seen the paint peeling...due to heat?
Hi, yes we do produce an exhaust hangar with blanking fasteners for the near side. They are available from the website, link below. These are not a stock item so I would need to make it to order.
The powder coated ones I suppose could possibly peel due to heat but it would take high and concentrated temperatures to make it happen. Powder coating requires high temperatures just to bake it, so it would need a higher temperature for it to peel, and I can't see an exhaust can producing enough heat.

https://www.cymarcbikeparts.co.uk/s1000xr-exhaust-hanger-cw-blanking-fasteners-for-lh-side-181-p.asp
Best regards,

Offline cymarcbikeparts

• Approved Vendor
  • XR Member
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2020, 01:23:36 PM »
*Originally Posted by Crosshairs [+]
people actually steal the clusters ?
Hi, yes very sadly they do! Though it is less of a problem with the Gen1 clusters, the new TFT displays on the Gen2 and the F900XR are currently a huge problem!
We got an email from a chap just yesterday, the latest in a long line of others who have contacted us with regards to a TFT display anti theft brace which we produce for the R1250GS/A, and most recently the F850GS/A. But now, we are collecting a new F900XR with which to develop a new brace for.

Ayone interested in this brace for their F900XR I would urge you to follow our FaceBook page,a s all details and updates will be announced therein.
Best regards,

dysfunctional