Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: LED Headlight Bulb upgrade  (Read 5527 times)

Offline ecard

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Sugar Land, TX
Re: LED Headlight Bulb upgrade
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2020, 02:07:13 AM »
Just use the head of a long phillips screw/bolt to catch the locking wire loop in one of the grooves and push it in place.

Offline Ydo

• XR Junior
  • Town: Louisville
« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2020, 04:16:14 PM »
So the lights are in and all is well finally. I had one parking/driving bulb not work right out of the box so I had to wait for a replacement from the vendor.  Also when I put one of the rubber caps I must have pressed that huge plug against the fan or something. Anyway I got a fault on my display as it must have started to get hot so I thought maybe this setup would not work.  In the middle of my ride I decided to remove the boot and sure enough all started working correct.  I was way more careful the second time putting on the boot and now all seems great.

The results are spectacular compared to the dim dull yellow lights before.  I only rode one night before with my old lights out in the country and I can assure you the standard lights were poor. My test ride out in the country with the new ones work great, however, I fear the lights might be too bright for on-coming traffic but visibility is paramount.

Offline Cruzer

• XR Junior
  • Town: Mill Creek, WA
« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2020, 04:42:47 PM »
*Originally Posted by NJ-S1kXR [+]
The TechMax h7  bulbs showed up and I installed them; so far no LAMPF error   :152:  this is after running the bike in the garage for 5 min, so will need to take it out for a longer run and see how they hold up...so far so good.  Ps> this is on a 2018 US spec bike.
Have the TechMax H7 bulbs continued working for you with out the error?

Offline SimonUK

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR,S1000R
  • Town: Upstate, SC
« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2020, 06:14:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by Cruzer [+]
Have the TechMax H7 bulbs continued working for you with out the error?

had mine in for 10k miles and still going strong.  :028: :028: :028: